Delaware River - Departs from New York City
Mid-June through September:
Click here for schedule
- Enjoy the day with a top rated experience provider on TripAdvisor
- Travel in style aboard a luxury bus
- Spend approximately 2-2.5 hours paddling the Delaware River in your choice of single or tandem kayak
- Enjoy a picnic lunch from a beloved local deli
- Visit a local winery and sample 5 different wines
- Round trip transportation from New York City provided!
Enjoy a day of the best the outdoors have to offer and follow it up with a rewarding winery tour with the Kayak and Wine Adventure!
To start the day, you will meet your guide at 1 of 2 central locations in Manhattan. Once there, you'll check in and find your seat aboard a luxury bus. Settle in and prepare for the day during the approximately 2-hour drive over to the scenic Delaware River Valley!
At the river, you will be equipped with life jacket, paddle, and your choice of a single or double kayak. You'll suit up and after a brief instructional session with your guides, you'll be ready to embark on a leisurely paddle down one of the most beautiful stretches of the Delaware River. Soak in the amazing views as you drift down the river for approximately 2-2.5 hours. After your kayak session, you will be treated to a catered picnic lunch from a beloved local deli before loading back onto the bus for your real reward... a trip to the winery!
To cap off your day, you will head over to the Westfall Winery, a true local gem. In operation since 1874, Westfall Farm is one of the most historic and dynamic locations in the area. Learn about its rich history as you are treated to a guided vineyard tour. After, you'll be able to sample up to 5 wines and learn why this place is so beloved. It's the best way to end a day of fun, sun, and adventure!
This Kayak and Wine Adventure includes:
- Round Trip Transportation from NYC
- Kayak, Life Jacket, and Paddle
- 5 Wine Tastings
- Guided Vineyard Tour
- Picnic Lunch
- Must be at least 21 years old with valid photo ID to participate
- Participants MUST utiilize provided transportation
- Tour includes round-trip transportation from NYC, kayak, life jacket, 5 wine tastings, and catered lunch
Approximately 9 hours
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 50 per tour. For groups larger than 6 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those booked on the tour.
This experience will generally operate in all types of weather conditions, but in the event of severe weather may be canceled. In the event of a cancellation, your tour date will be rescheduled.
What to Wear:
Please wear a bathing suit and water shoes or sneakers (no open toe shoes allowed on the river). You'll want to bring a towel as well as a change of dry clothes and shoes. A warm layer or jacket is recommended. Don't forget to bring your photo ID for the winery!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 2 weeks in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no cancellations can be made. You may reschedule your experience up to 14 days prior to your booked date at no charge. Rescheduling within 14 days of your booked experience will result in a fee of $15 per person.
Can I drive myself to the wineries?
No, this tour includes round-trip transportation from NYC and all participants are required to use it. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride (and the wine)!
Should I bring some food or snacks?
If you like, you are welcome to pack some snacks. However, a picnic lunch will be provided as well as an antipasti platter. There will also be ample opportunity to purchase a few snacks at the winery!
What is the lunch menu?
Lunch will be an assortment of artisan sandwiches, fruit, home-made potato chips, and water. Note: A vegetarian option will be available. Those with other dietary restrictions may wish to pack their own lunch.
Will bathrooms be available during the tour?
Yes. There are bathrooms available for use on the buses as well as at the winery.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 125 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(23)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Tandem Hang GlidingAvg Rating of: 4-half(4)From: $200
- All New York Experiences
"Overall a good day, although it dragged a little at the end -- we hung around at the winery for over an hour after the tasting, which meant getting caught in some very bad traffic into Manhattan and finishing very late. Not anyone's fault, but we could definitely have spent a bit less time at the winery without diminishing the experience. Kayaking was great, although I was very surprised by our guide: the lead guide disappeared into the distance rapidly and didn't hang back to check anyone out. We were at the very front of the people kayaking and couldn't even see him! Even though it's a fairly easy river to kayak down, I thought the point was for him to lead the group. If any of us had gotten into trouble I'm not sure whether he would have noticed."