Sky Manor Airport - Pittstown, New Jersey
Daily - 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- FAA certified flight instructor with over 1,000 hours of flight time and an incident free safety record
- Take the controls of a meticulously prepared Robinson R-44 helicopter
- Includes 30 or 60 minutes of actual flight time plus pre-flight helicopter instruction and post-flight discussion with your instructor
- No experience necessary
Have you always dreamed of taking the controls of a beautiful helicopter and soaring upward toward the sky? Now is your chance to learn the basics of how to fly a helicopter with this fun and exhilarating experience!
You'll be learning from and flying with a FAA certified flight instructor with vast experience and an incident free safety record. He'll start by discussing with you basic safety items and talk with you about helicopter aerodynamics. Next, it's time to climb aboard and fly.
While in flight, you'll have the opportunity to try straight and level flight, control the vertical climb/drop of the helicopter, and will even get the chance to try hovering a few feet above the ground.
So prepare to experience a feeling few in the world ever have, the sensation of manning the controls of an airborne helicopter!
- Participants will be required to present a valid photo ID (passport or driver's license).
- Participants must weigh less than 250 lbs, and the maximum combined weight of all passengers may not exceed 500 lbs.
Approximately 30 minutes of ground instruction followed by 30 or 60 minutes of flight time, depending on which option selected.
1 student and up to 1 passenger depending on option selected.
Up to 1 passenger is allowed so long as you are booking the option which includes a passenger. Otherwise, spectators are welcome to come and watch or take pictures from the ground.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your tour.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7-14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 48 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 48 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Are there any height or weight restrictions?
Participants must weigh less than 250 lbs, and the maximum combined weight of all passengers may not exceed 500 lbs.
Do I need experience?
No experience is necessary. This flight is considered an introductory flight and is meant to be fun and exciting for everyone!
What do I need to bring?
Please bring a valid, government-issued ID with you on the day of your flight.
What if my flight is cancelled due to weather?
We always recommend contacting your pilot on the day of your experience if you have any concerns regarding weather. In the event your flight is cancelled due to weather you can reschedule directly with your pilot.
Can I bring a passenger?
Yes, you may upgrade to the package that includes a passenger.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 129 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- All New York Experiences
"Bought this package for my bf's birthday as a surprise. Wade Krepps was our pilot, and he was absolutely amazing. Off the bat, you can see his passion for flying and was easily sociable. My bf was nervous at first, but Wade's positive feedback and encouragement made the flight an excellent experience. Thank you, Wade -- you made this experience a very memorable one."
"It was amazing, the instructor was very friendly and it was a great time. We got lucky with the weather, and the view from the window when we flew was just wonderful. "