Westchester County Airport - White Plains, NY
Daily - 12:00 PM to Sunset
*Pending pilot availability
- Top rated provider on TripAdvisor
- Introductory flight includes 30-minute ground briefing and either 30 or 60 minutes of flight time, depending on the option selected
- Once in the air, your FAA Certified Flight Instructor will hand over the controls of the Robinson R-44 Helicopter
- Bring up to 2 passengers with you and enjoy the spectacular aerial views of Westchester County
- No previous flight experience necessary!
Ever dreamed of flying a helicopter? Well, now's your chance to make your dreams come true with this Learn to Fly experience.
Your aerial adventure will begin when you meet your friendly FAA Certified Flight Instructor. Together, you will review helicopter flight controls, flying techniques, and safety procedures during the 30-minute pre-flightground briefing.
Next, you and your pilot will climb into one of the most popular flight training helicopters in the world, the Robinson R-44. This aircraft was specifically selected for its superior safety record, performance, and comfort over other helicopter models.
Your pilot will handle take-off and landing but mid-air, you'll take control of the helicopter and learn how the professionals fly on an everyday basis. You'll even test out a few basic maneuvers!
Choose between 30 or 60 minutes of flight time and bring up to 2 passengers with you, pending weight restrictions. Everyone will enjoy incredible views of Westchester County. Sights during flight may include the New York/Connecticut coastline and the Hudson River!
Discover the joy of flight with this Learn to Fly experience. You won't regret it!
- 250 pounds per person weight limit, subject to combined passenger weights
- Photo ID is required for students and passengers
- Participants must be 14 years or older
- Parental consent form must be signed for students under 18 years old
- No experience necessary
- Flight lessons not permitted in New York City airspace
- Price includes $25 per person airport facility fee
Participants can expect to be at the airport for approximately 1.5-2 hours, depending on the option selected (30 or 60 minutes of flight time).
Flights in the R-44 helicopter are for 1 student and up to 2 passengers, pending weight restrictions.
Spectators are welcome to observe take-off and landing from a viewing area with security escort or they are welcome to wait in the lounge.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Please avoid wearing any loose articles of clothing (i.e. scarfs, hats, etc.) which could fly away around spinning rotors. Sunglasses are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather or aircraft maintenance, you will reschedule your experience directly with the experience provider.
Do I need previous flight experience?
No! This is an introductory flight lesson so no previous flight experience is necessary.
Is there a minimum age requirement for this flight lesson?
The recommended minimum age is 14 years. Any child under 18 years old must have parental consent to fly.
What happens in the case of bad weather?
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider directly if you have any concerns regarding weather. If the provider needs to cancel your flight due to inclement weather, they will contact you at least 2 hours prior to your scheduled flight time.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 129 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- All New York Experiences
"Hi, I was given this experience as a 50th Birthday gift. What an amazing experience! Richard (our pilot) was very personable and had a great sense of humor that helped to put my mind at ease in preparation for our flight. The whole time, Richard talked us through what was going on in terms of the mechanical operations, what to expect, what should be done and what should not be done in the most non-alarming way to further increase our confidence as we began and then in flight. I enjoyed the experience. When he allowed me to try the controls he calmly talked to me the whole time reassuring, me what I was doing right and reminding me on what I should avoid. We had an awesome return to terra-firma with a short stop maneuver that felt as if it was masterfully executed, thrilling, terrifying all the while feeling like Richard had absolute control. In all fairness, to other first-time pilots, I want to say that this was my first experience with a helicopter pilot, but I still super-highly recommend Richard to be the pilot you experience your first helicopter ride/ flight with. Gabriel Fantauzzi Norma Lai"
"Such an amazing experience. The instructors were so friendly and knowledgeable. Safety was number one and fun was number two. It makes me want to pursue getting my helicopter pilot's license."