Lower East Side - New York, NY
April through November:
Mondays & Sundays - 11:00 AM
Thursdays - 10:00 AM
December through March:
Mondays & Sundays - 11:00 AM
- Tour provider is recipient of aTrip Advisor Certificate of Excellence award
- This 3-hour walking tour includes 6 delicious food tastings
- Explore the Lower East Side's tenement buildings and synagogues
- Your friendly and knowledgeable tour guide will provide you with an insider's look into how the foods are made at ethnic eateries and trendy restaurants
- A great tour for tourists and locals alike!
Learn about the history, culture and architecture of the Lower East Side, while sampling delicious food on this Lower East Side Food Tour!
Explore what was once an immigrant and working class neighborhood rich in diversity and culture. Learn about the history of the tenement buildings and about a neighborhood, best known for having once been a center of Jewish culture. You will view historic synagogues and taste delicacies from the best delis, bakeries and traditional appetizing stores in the city.
In between food tastings, your guide will provide you with an insider's look into how foods are made and what has made these eateries so prized among locals.
Enjoy 6 tastings from different food establishments that may include (subject to change):
- Yonah Schimmel Knish Bakery - Taste a delicious potato knish, always baked and round
- Russ & Daughter's - NYC's premier appetizing shop
- Katz's Delicatessen - The best delicatessen in New York
- Kossar's Bialys - The oldest bialy bakery in the U.S.
- The Pickle Guys - Pickles from an old Eastern European Recipe
- Doughnut Plant - A mouthwatering family recipe
- North Dumpling - Authentic handmade northern Chinese dumplings
- Economy Candy - All kinds of candy, nuts & dried fruit, from floor to ceiling
- All food tastings are included in the price
- This is a 3-hour guided walking tour at a casual pace
- Tour is suitable for all ages and fitness levels
- It is recommended to bring a bottle of water
- Food tastings will happily fill most stomachs
- Children under the age of 5 are free, unless they are going to participate in the food tastings
Approximately 3 hours.
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 18 per tour. For groups larger than 6 please contact Cloud 9 Living for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This food tour will run in rain or shine. There will be no cancellations due to weather unless experience provider cancels the tour due to safety concerns.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing and shoes appropriate for weather and walking.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings for this experience are final.
Will the tour finish at the same location?
This tour will finish approximately half a mile from the starting location. The tour guide will gladly provide directions back to the meeting location or to other locations you are heading to after the tour.
How much walking is involved?
You will be on our feet for approximately 3 hours.You will walk at a casual pace and stand in place for a few minutes at various attractions. The tour has a mix of sit-down tasting locations and locations where the tastings are done while standing outside the establishments.
Is this tour wheelchair accessible?
The tour route is wheelchair accessible, however a couple of tasting locations have a step up into the establishment.
Is this tour appropriate for children?
Please gauge whether or not you think this tour is appropriate for your child. Children under the age of 5 are free, unless they're going to participate in the food tastings. You may bring a stroller on the tour, but it will have to remain outside, if the food establishment is busy.
Is this tour fun for locals?
This tour is designed to take you to hidden gems only the neighborhood locals know about. Native New Yorkers take this tour to explore a neighborhood other than the one they live in, and to learn where to find the best culinary delights. The goal is for you to revisit the Lower East Side neighborhood like a local.
What should I wear?
You will do a fair amount of walking on this tour. It's recommended to wear comfortable shoes and dress casual.
Are pets allowed on your tours?
Pets are not allowed, New York law prohibits pets from entering establishments that serve food or drinks.
Is gratuity included in the price of this tour?
Gratuity for your guide is not included, but is appreciated if you enjoy this experience.
Are there bathroom breaks on the tour?
There is a bathroom at the first and third stop of the tour. There is no bathroom at the final stop.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 125 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(57)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(23)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(35)From: $125
- Tandem Hang GlidingAvg Rating of: 4-half(4)From: $200
- All New York Experiences