Chelsea Piers - Manhattan, NY
Various dates - 1:45 PM
Click here to view schedule
- Hosted by members of the American Institute of Architects, this awe-inspiring tour will highlight the engineering masterpieces of NYC from the comfort of a beautiful, luxury cruising yacht
- Learn about the "Starchitecture" boom of the West Side, skyscrapers in Lower Manhattan, and various famous monuments of the city
- Enjoy a great way to spend time on the water with the beloved Big Apple as the backdrop for the day!
Board the Manhattan, a luxury yacht, and cruise along on the Hudson, Harlem and East Rivers, learning about the city from the people who know it best - the architects!
Hosted by professional members of the American Institute of Architects, highlights of the cruise may include (and are subject to change):
- All 18 NY bridges, including the Brooklyn and George Washington Bridges
- The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- The recent "starchitecture" boom with buildings by both international and local architects, such as Frank Gehry
- Manhattan's famous skyscrapers such as the Chrysler, Empire State and Woolworth Buildings
Climb aboard for an afternoon of sunshine, relaxation and the best opportunity to see the city's famous skyline from a brand new perspective!
Great for architecture, engineering, urban planning and development students! You can receive up to 1.5 AIACES LU/HSW credits provided through the New York Chapter of the American Institute of Architects.
Complimentary beer, wine or champagne and light snacks will be served on board to passengers. Soda, water, tea or coffee will also be available and additional beverages may be purchased.
Passengers must arrive at the dock at least 30 minutes before the departure time. Ship boards 10 minutes prior to departure.
Participants must be at least 21 years of age with a valid form of I.D. to enjoy alcoholic beverages.
Gratuity is not included in this package but is appreciated if you enjoy the experience.
**Please note that full circumnavigation of Manhattan may not occur. The Spuyten Duyvil train bridge is sometimes inoperable. Under these rare instances, the tour will feature double backing of the route and further detail of the waterfront sites.
Up to 46 Passengers
This experience is to be enjoyed by the participants only.
The cruise runs rain or shine. A trip is only canceled in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. Cancellations are made on the day of the sail, by the captain, up to one hour prior to departure time. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions on the day of your experience. In the event of a canceled cruise, passengers will reschedule directly with the experience provider.
What to Wear:
Dress is typically casual. The temperature might be cooler out on the water, so dress accordingly. We ask that passengers wear only soft soled shoes such as sneakers, deck shoes, flip-flops or sandals.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is not allowed and all bookings are final. Failure to appear on your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Is there a minimum age requirement?
This cruise is designed for adults and students 14 years of age and older.
What type of snacks are served?
Three complimentary stationary displays are available for passengers during the cruise. They vary seasonally but may include pretzels, nuts, a cheese display, pastries and fruit.
Is the Manhattan yacht handicap accessible?
The yacht is handicap accessible to those with walkers and canes, however the enclosed observatory can not be accessed by wheelchair. In addition, the restrooms are located down several stairs. Please indicate during the booking process if you will need any assistance.
Can I purchase drinks on board?
Yes! A complimentary beverage of your choice will be served and passengers may purchase additional drinks on board.
Is there a restroom on board?
Yes. The Manhattan yacht has two bathrooms.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 124 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(57)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(23)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(35)From: $125
- Tandem Hang GlidingAvg Rating of: 4-half(4)From: $200
- All New York Experiences
"The architect who narrated the tour provided wonderful insight to all the building and other structures on the tour around island of Manhattan. He had some staff members available for additional information when needed. There were so many sights to see, and getting an understanding of both the structural and social reasons for the topic being discussed was excellent. I had never seen the northern section of the area before this trip. The tour moved at a pleasant pace. "
"New York is the "Venice of the world" and this boat cruise with the Architecture narration reinforces my quote. Had a great time."
"Received the tour as a gift. I really wasn't too excited about it as it just isn't my thing. Boy was I wrong. The tour was great. The narrator Joseph was not only extremely knowledgeable about the sights but was enthusiastic in his delivery, which made the time fly by. The entire crew as well as the experience was wonderful. "