Museum of Natural History Art Safari
Upper West Side - Manhattan, NY
Daily - 10:00 AM to 3:30 PM
*Pending instructor availability
- Become an art explorer with sketch book in hand as you learn to draw gorillas, elephants, lions and the landscapes of Africa
- The studio's classes have been ranked #1 in NYC and have been featured on NBC, TLC, Time Out New York, Manhattan Magazine and more
- Use charcoal, colored pastels or pencils, graphite and other drawing materials of your choice
- Perfect experience for families, kids, teens or anyone looking for a unique day in the city!
Head out into the wild of New York City on a creative drawing safari and encounter the most exotic animals of Africa!
As you explore New York City's Museum of Natural History you'll become an art explorer, with sketch book and drawing supplies in hand as your learn to draw gorillas, elephants, lions and the mountains and plains of Africa.
Your private art instructor and guide will teach you drawing techniques including shading, line quality, dimension, perspective and how to express yourself through drawing. Along the way you can experiment with various drawing materials including charcoal, colored pastels, colored pencils, graphite and other materials of your choice. At the conclusion of your safari, walk away with multiple sketches with your new drawing wisdom expressed.
Come explore the wild side of New York!
- Package includes drawing supplies and museum entrance fee
- Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult
Approximately 2 hours
This is a private tour for your group of 2-8 people, depending on the option selected.
This tour is for booked participants only.
This experience is not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
Clothing and shoes comfortable for walking and drawing.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Is there an age limit to participate?
Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult on this safari.
Do I need experience?
No experience is necessary! This experience is designed to be fun and inspirational for everyone, from novice to experienced artists.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 125 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(23)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Tandem Hang GlidingAvg Rating of: 4-half(4)From: $200
- All New York Experiences