North Cove Yacht Harbor at the World Financial Center on the Hudson River - New York, NY
June - September:
Thursday through Saturday - 9:00 or 9:30 PM
Experience one of the finest evenings of sightseeing in NYC from the tranquil decks of the New York City Lights Sail one of Manhattan's most unique scenic cruises.
- Escape to the water aboard the Shearwater a meticulously maintained, 82-foot vintage sailboat from 1929.
- Take in the nighttime views of the Big Apple in a whole new way, as you cruise past famed Manhattan attractions like the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
- Marvel at how NYC's brilliant skyline lights up the night sky during this 90-minute cruise.
- See for yourself why this remarkable outing has been featured in The New York Times, InStyle Weddings, and on NBC's The Apprentice.
Enjoy an NYC boat tour unlike any other amid the backdrop of a rich, velvet sky and twinkling lights. The New York City Lights Sail offers a night to remember as you cruise the harbor on a classic 1929 schooner.
Hop aboard one of the finest NYC sailing vessels ever to grace the Hudson River, surrounded by the good company of family, friends or a special someone. Relax to the sound of rhythmic waves against the sides of an elegant, vintage sailboat as the Shearwater navigates the harbor's serene waters.
Marvel at the brilliant sparkle of New York City as skyscrapers light up the night. The hustle and bustle of 'The City That Never Sleeps' fades away as the boat gently cruises out onto the Hudson, cuts the engines and opens up the sails for a peaceful New York City Lights Sail.
Cozy up on the sailboat's benches, hatch covers, cabin tops, or along the beautiful deck space. Bring some snacks on board, and treat yourself to a beverage from the Shearwater's cash bar. Experience the nighttime ambiance of famed Manhattan attractions. Admire the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, dazzling bridge lights, and the breathtaking glow of the horizon as you sip a refreshing beer, white wine, soda or water.
This exquisite NYC sailing outing has earned recognition as one of the most unique things to do in New York City for a nice, quiet evening. See for yourself why it's been highlighted in media favorites like The New York Times, InStyle Weddings and Gourmet Magazine, in addition to being featured on NBC's The Apprentice.
The New York City Lights Sail is a delightful outing for both locals and visitors of the Big Apple alike! So end your day in a most memorable way, and make the most of Manhattan as you savor the city from the water.
- The sail is not narrated, however the crew is happy to answer any questions
- It is recommended to arrive early to find seating on one of the benches, hatch covers, cabin tops or the deck
- Price includes 1 complementary drink (soda, wine, or beer), additional drinks are available for cash purchase
- White wine is allowed on board for a corkage fee
- You may bring food aboard (stay away from red sauces, potato chips or anything else that could stain the deck)
This sail will last approximately 90 minute.
You will be accompanied by other passengers, with a maximum of 48 per sail. For groups larger than 4 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the sail.
Sailing is an all weather outdoor experience and will run in light rain. In the event of dangerous sailing conditions, your sail will be rescheduled. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. The temperature can be cooler out on the water, so dress accordingly. Passengers should wear only soft soled shoes such as sneakers, deck shoes, flip-flops or sandals. Heels and boots can scuff the deck.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no exchanges are allowed. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience for a $10 per person fee payable directly to the experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule in accordance with these terms will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What if it rains?
In the event of a cancellation by the Captain due to severe weather conditions or mechanical failure, customers will be rescheduled at no additional fee.
What time do I need to arrive?
We board 10 minutes prior to departure and ask that you arrive at the dock 30 minutes before you sail. The boat will not wait for stragglers.
Is there assigned seating?
Seating is casual. You can pick a spot on one of the benches, hatch covers, cabin tops, or layout on the beautiful deck.
Are gratuties included?
Price does not include gratuity. It is customary to tip the crew if you enjoyed your sail, and please remember to tip your server if you enjoyed your drink.
Is there food or drinks on board?
There is a cash bar on board (beer, white wine, soda and water). There is a $10.00 corking fee for any outside wine. You may bring food aboard for your sail. Stay away from red sauces, potato chips or anything else that could stain the deck. Please throw away any trash at the end of your sail.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 130 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- All New York Experiences
"It was a wonderfully romantic experience."
"Although the weather was absolutely perfect and the view of the city lights was beautiful, the actual experience was somewhat disappointing. The Captain offered no commentary at all. All you did was sit and admire the view of the city lights but you didn't know what you were seeing. For those who were not from the area, the experience could have been enhanced had the captain shared that information. To add credibility to my comment, a fellow passenger asked me what some of the sights were. On a positive note, the crew did raise the sails and the engine was shut down so the boat was then being powered by the wind and sails. That was a very nice experience for someone who has never sailed before. Additionally, the crew was very friendly and accommodating. "