New York Food Cart Walking Tour
New York City; tour available Downtown or Midtown
Midtown: Friday 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Downtown (Financial District): Wednesday 12:30 PM - 2:30 PM
- Select from tours in Midtown or Downtown.
- Your friendly, knowledgeable guides have been featured in the New York Times, USA Today online, WNBC and Time Out New York.
- Enjoy six food tastings, which may include banh mi Vietnamese sandwiches, Korean short ribs, Mexican chocolate brownies, schnitzel, and more from a variety of the many delicious food carts in the area.
- Learn about these businesses from their proprietors and uniquely explore the neighborhood.
Discover the culinary creations of some of New York's best curbside kitchens!
This tour will take you on a strolling lunch in Midtown or Lower Manhattan to sample an international buffet of offerings, observe the constructive genius that cram full kitchens into improbably small carts, and hear the stories of their proprietors - from struggling immigrants to culinary school drop-outs, to former 4-star restaurant chefs.
Along the way, learn about the history of the neighborhood and the challenges of running these thriving but feverishly demanding small businesses.
This tour offers a rotating menu from day to day to represent the wide variety of delicious options that are available from the food carts and trucks.
Tastings on your tour may include (but are subject to change):
- falafel and vegetables
- chicken and rice with tamarind sauce
- Korean short ribs
- waffles with toppings
- banh mi Vietnamese sandwiches
- soul food
- kati rolls
- jerk or stewed chicken
- Mexican chocolate brownies
There are some blackout dates near holidays such as Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve. Please call Cloud 9 Living to check availability.
Price includes six food tastings, a bottle of water, a tour map of the neighborhood, and your knowledgeable tour guide.
2 hours; .5 mile of walking
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 16 per tour. For groups larger than 6 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
Tours run rain or shine. There will be no cancellations due to weather unless experience provider cancels the tour due to safety concerns.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance of intended date.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given but rescheduling your experience is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the Experience for a $10 per ticket fee payable to the experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date, cancel, or reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
What happens in the event of inclement weather?
This tours rain or shine, so please plan ahead and dress for the weather. In extreme cases, however, the experience provider does reserve the right to cancel tours if the weather conditions are dangerous. You would be contacted at least 2.5 hours before your tour if this were the case.
How far will we walk on the tour?
This tour involves approximately one to two miles of walking.
Will there be opportunities to use the restroom during the tour?
Yes, there will be opportunities to use the restroom at least once during the tour.
Will there be opportunities to sit down during the tour?
Yes! There will be at least one opportunity to sit down during the tour.
Is gratuity included?
Gratuity for your guide is not included but is always appreciated.
Other New York Experiences:(View all 115 New York experiences)
- Wine Tasting SailFrom: $115Avg Rating of: 4-half(35)
- Chocolate, Desserts & Wine TourFrom: $79Avg Rating of: 4-half(17)
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $154Avg Rating of: 5(26)
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $574Avg Rating of: 4-half(20)
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourFrom: $150Avg Rating of: 4-half(12)
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(35)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $180Avg Rating of: 5(4)
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $380Avg Rating of: 5(8)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- All New York Experiences
- Gift Certificates
"What a serendipitous experience. The eight members of our group, our guide Brian and certainly the food made for a magical time in midtown Manhattan."
"For the price of the tour, we felt very little was offered."
"Well done you should feel proud.. Thanks for having us.."