North Cove Yacht Harbor at the World Financial Center on the Hudson River - New York, NY
May through Mid-October:
Monday through Saturday - 12:30 PM & 2:45 PM
Sundays - 2:00 PM
- Savor an afternoon of sunshine and fresh air on the Shearwater — a meticulously-maintained, 1929 vintage sailboat.
- Admire breathtaking views of famed NYC attractions and the impressive skyline as this scenic cruise makes its way along the calming waters of the harbor.
- See for yourself why The New York Times, InStyle Weddings, and NBC's The Apprentice have featured this outing as one of the most memorable things to do in Manhattan!
- Enjoy the romance, elegance and thrill of this unique NYC sailing experience on the Hudson River.
There's no better way to soak up Manhattan sights than from the beautiful decks of a 1929 sailing yacht. Step aboard the Shearwater for a New York Harbor Sail that's unforgettable, relaxing, and purely picturesque.
This classic 1929 schooner provides an intimate and sophisticated ambiance, perfect for enjoying quality time on the water with family, friends or a special someone. Board this beautiful vessel at the North Cove Marina, and settle into a cozy deck space. Pack snacks or a lunch to enjoy onboard, and take advantage of refreshing beverages from the Shearwater's cash bar. Sip a chilled beer, white wine, soda or water as the sailboat effortlessly cruises from New York, leaving the hustle and bustle of the city behind.
This New York Harbor Sail offers its guests the best in Manhattan sightseeing opportunities. Enjoy up-close views of celebrated Manhattan attractions like Ellis Island, the Statue of Liberty, famed bridges and boats, the city's awe-inspiring skyline, and more.
Since this spectacular NYC sailing vessel began carrying passengers in 2001, she has been featured in The New York Times, InStyle Weddings, and Gourmet Magazine, while also appearing on NBC's The Apprentice.
Whether it's a romantic occasion or a fun afternoon out with friends, the New York Harbor Sail invites you to relish the elegant atmosphere that only a 1920's era yacht can deliver. Don't miss your chance to climb aboard this beauty to experience the Big Apple in a brand new way! And as the Shearwater heels over, puts her shoulder into the breeze and lets her wake fan out astern, get ready to make countless memories on the water that will last a lifetime.
- The sail is not narrated, however the crew is happy to answer any questions you may have
- Seating is casual, it is recommended to arrive early to find seating on one of the benches, hatch covers, cabin tops or the deck
- Full bar and snacks are available for purchase on board
- White wine is allowed on board for a corking fee
- You may bring food aboard (stay away from red sauces, potato chips or anything else that could stain the deck)
This sail will last approximately 90 minutes.
This experience is shared by a total of 48 passengers.
This experience is only for those on the sail.
Sailing is an all weather outdoor experience and will run in light rain. In the event of dangerous sailing conditions, the sail will be rescheduled. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress is typically casual. The temperature can be cooler out on the water, so dress accordingly. Passengers should wear only soft soled shoes such as sneakers, deck shoes, flip-flops or sandals. Heels and boots can scuff the deck.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no exchanges are allowed. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience for a $10 per person fee payable directly to the experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule in accordance with these terms will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What if it rains?
In the event of a cancellation by the Captain due to severe weather conditions or mechanical failure, customers will be rescheduled at no additional fee.
Can I bring food on board?
You may bring food aboard for your sail. Stay away from red sauces, potato chips or anything else that could stain the deck. Please throw away any trash at the end of your sail.
How much is the corking fee?
You are welcome to bring your own white wine aboard, however there is a $10.00 (subject to change) corking fee. Red wine is not allowed.
What time do I need to arrive?
Boarding begins 10 minutes prior to departure, however it's recommended that you arrive at least 30 minutes before you sail. Seating is casual. You'll pick a spot on one of the benches, hatch covers, cabin tops, or layout on the beautiful deck.
What does the Harbor Sail include?
Sail includes the beautiful sights of the city as well as one complimentary beverage (soda, beer or wine).
Are gratuities included?
Price does not include gratuity. It is customary to tip the crew if you enjoyed your sail, and please remember to tip your server if you enjoyed your drink.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 125 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(23)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Tandem Hang GlidingAvg Rating of: 4-half(4)From: $200
- All New York Experiences
"Excellent from beginning to end!!!"
"What a gorgeous summer excursion! Beautiful time sailing on New York Harbor!!! "
"Everyone on board was very nice. They were very reassuring to the landlubbers in the group. It was a great 90 minutes on board!"