New York Jet Ski Adventure Tour
Liberty Landing Marina - Jersey City, NJ
May through Mid-October:
Daily - 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Whether a native or a tourist, you haven't seen New York City like this! Take in the sights from aboard a personal watercraft during this guided New York Jet Ski Adventure!
- Guided by an outstanding tour provider with a 5-star ranking on TripAdvisor
- Licensed instructors/guides will show you the city from a unique perspective
- Drive your own personal watercraft or ride as a passenger with up to 1 friend or loved one
- Choose between a 1-hour lower Manhattan tour or an extended 2.5-hour full island tour
- Visit such famous sites as Chelsea Piers, George Washington Bridge, Yankee Stadium, the Brooklyn Bridge and more!
Feel the rush of wind in your hair and the spray of the sea as you take in New York City in a whole new way!
You will meet your certified instructor and guide at the Liberty Landing Marina in Jersey City, a quick 10-minute ferry ride from lower Manhattan (ferry fare not included). Once there, you will be provided with a wet suit, life vest, and water shoes. You'll suit up and climb aboard your very own personal watercraft!
For this tour, you will be driving a Yamaha VP1 or VP1 Sport watercraft, commonly referred to as a jet ski. Though each jet ski can seat up to two participants, you may choose the option to drive alone or to bring along a passenger, provided your combined weight does not exceed 350 pounds. After a short safety briefing and basic training, you will head out onto the bustling New York City waterways to see the sights!
Along the way, your guide will take photos for you, provide interesting facts, and help you navigate the waterways. Want a bit of a thrill? You are free to test the limits of your jet ski, which can hit speeds of up to 55 MPH. Just make sure you are within eye sight of your guide.
For this adventure tour, you may choose between two routes:
1-Hour Lower Manhattan Tour: Explore the most famous sights in New York Harbor. Departing from the marina, you will cruise past Ellis Island, the Statue of Liberty, the Brooklyn Bridge, the Freedom Tower, and more! This will be an approximately 1-hour journey.
2.5-Hour Manhattan Tour: Get the full New York experience as you journey around the entire island of Manhattan. You will see the Freedom Tower, The Intrepid Aircraft Carrier & Sea Museum, 79th Street Boat Basin, the GW Bridge, Yankee Stadium, The United Nations, the Brooklyn Bridge, and so much more! This will be an approximately 2.5-hour adventure.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age with a valid form of ID to drive a jet ski
- Non-driving passengers must be at least 16 years old with parental consent
- Combined weight of passengers on a dual jetski must not exceed 350 lbs
- All participants must wear a life vest
- Wet suits, water shoes, and life vests will be provided
Depending on the option selected, this experience can be range from 1.5-3 hours.
Up to 2 passengers per jet ski, dependent on option selected and combined weight restrictions. Each tour is limited to 12 participants. For pricing beyond the options listed, please call Cloud 9 Living at 866-525-6839.
This tour is for booked participants only.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
It is recommended to wear a bathing suit or swim trunks. If you have your own water shoes or aqua socks, you may bring them but no other footwear is permitted on the watercraft. Water shoes, life vests, and wet suits will be provided.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or cancel/reschedule 72 hours prior will result in the loss of the value of this experience.
Do I need experience driving a jet ski?
No! Jet skis are very easy to operate and your guide/instructor will spend a few minutes at the beginning of the tour to go over safety precautions and operation tips.
How many people can ride one jet ski?
1 or 2 people are allowed on each jet ski (depending on purchase option selected). However, each jet ski has a combined weight limit of 350 pounds.
If two people go on a jet ski, are we allowed to switch drivers?
Yes! Both participants are allowed to drive the jet ski provided they are both over 18 years old with valid form of ID. You may switch at any point during the tour.
What type of water craft will we use?
For this tour, you will be riding/driving a Yamaha V1's and V1 Sports. These personal water crafts (PWCs) are commonly referred to as Jet Skis.
Is there a better time of day to go on a tour?
Tour conditions vary greatly depending on the time of day due to the amount of boat traffic on the water. Mornings are generally the calmest conditions. Afternoon tours give you a true sense of how busy and bustling the NYC waterways can be and that provides its own thrill. Late afternoons are usually pretty magical in terms of scenery.
Is this experience weather dependent?
Yes. This experience can be subject to rain and wind conditions. Please always check with the experience provider prior to your tour with any concerns regarding weather.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 130 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- All New York Experiences