South end of Battery Park - Lower Manhattan, NY
May - August:
Daily - 7:00 PM
Sept - Mid-October:
Daily - 6:30 PM
- Slip back in time with NYC sailing aboard the historic City Clipper a majestic 158-foot tall ship with masts rising an impressive 120 feet off the deck.
- Bask in the glow of the setting sun as it tucks away behind famed Manhattan attractions like the Statue of Liberty, then marvel at the twinkle of city lights.
- Order a drink from the ship's full-service cash bar, then sit back and relax as you float along the Hudson River.
- This exquisite cruise from New York is great for Big Apple visitors or locals looking to experience the city in a brand new way!
See 'The City That Never Sleeps' from a vantage point that goes entirely unrivaled aboard the NYC Sunset Cruise featuring the city's only tall ship, Clipper City!
Depart from Battery Park, and embark on magical NYC sailing experience you'll remember forever. Leave the hustle and bustle of the Big Apple behind. As the ship makes its way into the waters of the Hudson for a most memorable evening, why not stop by the full-service cash bar? Wet your whistle with a refreshing beer, or toast with a special someone over a tasty cocktail or favorite wine. Then find the perfect place to cozy up on Clipper City's gorgeous deck space.
Watch as the boat's beautiful sails stretch across their impressive 120-foot height to billow in the gentle breeze, floating you past celebrated Manhattan attractions. The NYC Sunset Cruise is second to none when it comes to witnessing day fade to night as the sun sinks slowly behind Lady Liberty. Marvel at the expanse all around you as the sky's dark velvet curtain gradually falls over the city.
Famed skyscrapers wake up in a brand new way as, one by one, their lights join the stars to add a special sparkle to the evening. Go ahead, let the dazzling canvas that spreads before you take your breath away. And take full advantage of the incredible backdrop opportunity, snapping plenty of photos on this memorable NYC sailing outing!
Experience the majesty of Clipper City and the Big Apple with family, friends or a special someone, enjoying one of the most unique things to do in New York. An evening you won't soon forget awaits aboard the NYC Sunset Cruise.
- The sail is not narrated, however the crew is happy to answer any questions you may have
- Seating is casual, please arrive early for the best seats
- Refreshments available for purchase; beer, wine, soda, mixed drinks and themed cocktails (cash and credit cards are accepted)
2 hour cruise
This experience is shared by a total of 134 passengers.
This is only for those on the cruise.
Sailing is an all weather outdoor experience, and we do sail in light rain. In the event of dangerous sailing conditions, your sail will be rescheduled. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. The temperature can be cooler out on the water, so dress accordingly. Passengers should wear only soft soled shoes such as sneakers, deck shoes, flip-flops or sandals. Heels and boots can scuff the deck.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no exchanges are allowed. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience for a $10 per person fee payable directly to the experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule in accordance with these terms will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What if it rains?
In the event of a cancellation by the Captain due to severe weather conditions or mechanical failure, customers will be rescheduled at no additional fee.
What time do I need to be there?
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure. The boat will not wait for stragglers. Seating is casual. You'll pick a spot on one of the benches, hatch covers, cabin tops, or layout on the beautiful deck.
Are refreshments and food available?
Sandwiches, light fare, beer, wine, soda, mixed drinks and frozen cocktails are available on your sail.
Are gratuties included?
Price does not include gratuity. It is customary to tip the crew if you enjoyed your sail, and please remember to tip your server if you enjoyed your drink.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 129 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- All New York Experiences
"We sat for 40 minutes (this is not an approximation or exaggeration -- I clocked it) off the shore not moving, with no explanation as why we were there, and then as soon as it was almost at the 2 hour mark we went back and docked. It was listed as a 2 hour tour. And yes, we were on the water/boat for 2 hours -- but otherwise very misleading and frustrating. Book with another tour operator. This was terrible. (Terrible for a paid tour; we were still on the water looking back at NY so the experience itself still had some merit.)"
"It is helpful to see the availability before purchasing an experience. The bartender on the boat was a little rude and not friendly."
"I bought this for my husband's 32 birthday and we both loved the experience. We live here in the city but never get to get out on the water and see the city from the view this boat was able to provide. Though we have both seen the Statue of Liberty, we were in awe of the beauty with the sun setting as its backdrop. We also thought the boat was not to crowded which was nice to be able to sit some and stand/walk around. Towards the end of the ride it got chilly and the boat staff handed out blankets. This was greatly appreciated since it was late June and no one was expecting it to be as cool as it was. Overall the experience was great and highly recommended. "