*For locations beyond this area, additional travel fees will apply which will cover your chef's travel time plus any associated costs
Daily - Pending Chef's availability
*Rates do not apply for Valentine's Day or holidays
- Your personal Chef has been featured in the New York Times, USA Today and the Wall Street Journal
- Your Chef will prepare a delicious four course dinner, serve you and clean up afterwards
- Discuss with Chef food preferences, dietary concerns & menu options during an initial consultation
- Great experience for new parents who can't get out, or anyone looking for a memorable romantic evening
- For groups of 3+ attendees, check out ourPersonal Chef for an Evening in New Yorkexperience
There is something to be said for being served exquisite cuisine at a candle-lit table sitting across from the one you love. With this experience you can do just that, without leaving the comforts of your own home!
Chef Mark Tafoya will come to your home and make this an evening you and your loved one will never forget. After Chef Mark arrives he'll prepare a customized 4 course dinner for the two of you. He'll even recommend wines to accompany your foods, and after preparing your meal he'll clean up so the two of you can relax and enjoy each others company.
Whether it's for a surprise marriage proposal, anniversary, or just because you love each other, Chef Mark will work with you to create a unique and memorable experience.
Choose menu selections from a variety of culinary styles from around the world including French, Italian, Spanish, Southwestern, Thai, Vietnamese, Persian, Japanese, Greek, Moroccan and many more. Chef Mark will consult with you to customize the menu to your liking, and can accommodate virtually any tastes you have.
You might think that your kitchen is too small for such a service. No need to worry! Chef Mark is a NYC personal chef and can work around any sized kitchen as long as it has a functioning stove and oven.
So get ready for a romantic evening that you and your loved one will never forget. Because the saying really is true, there is no place like home!
About the Chef: Chef Mark Tafoya is the co-owner and Executive Producer of the Culinary Media Network, and has been featured in the New York Times, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, TheStreet.com, Time Out New York, Bon Appetit and the Fox Business Channel. Chef Mark, along with co-author Jennifer Iannolo, has published "The Gilded Fork: Entertaining at Home, A Year of Dinner Parties", featuring 13 seasonal dinner party menus with recipes, wine pairing notes and chef's tips.
In addition to being an accomplished Chef, Chef Mark is a Yale graduate, is extremely personable, and will create a positive and relaxing evening for you and your guests.
- Gratuity for your chef is not included but is appreciated if you enjoy the experience
- Additional servers are available upon request, parties requiring additional servers will incur additional fees
- Kitchen facilities with a stove and oven are required for this experience
- Chef will work with you to customize menu selections to your preferences
- Should you request a particular item outside the established budget, not a problem; you can simply reimburse your Chef
The following travel fees will apply for areas outside of Manhattan:
$0: Riverdale, Kingsbridge, Fordham areas of the Bronx
$25: Brooklyn Heights, Park Slope, Williamsburg areas in Brooklyn, Hoboken, Jersey City areas of NewJersey / Long Island City in Queens
$50: All other areas of the 5 boroughs
For areas up to one hour from Manhattan, $35/hr plus the cost of travel will apply.
Please contact Cloud 9 Living for locations over one hour from Manhattan.
*Please note, travel fees assume the location is within a 5 minute walk of the subway or PATH train. If farther, cab fare from the closest station applies.
It's a romantic dinner for 2
This is only for those on the reservation
This experience is not weather dependent
What to Wear:
This is your experience, dress as you wish
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least three weeks in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no returns or exchanges are allowed. However, rescheduling is allowed free of charge with at least 3 weeks notice prior to your booked date. Rescheduling between 10 - 21 days prior to your booked date requires a $50 fee. No rescheduling will be allowed within 10 days of your booked date.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 130 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- All New York Experiences