Westchester County Airport - White Plains, NY
Daily - 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Top rated provider on TripAdvisor
- Fly with a FAA-Certified Pilot for this private 30-minute tour
- Views may include the Hudson River, Tappan Zee Bridge, West Point, Bear Mountain and more
- Sit back and take in unbeatable aerial views of the Hudson River Valley!
Escape the city and soak in the natural beauty of Westchester and the Hudson Valley on this private Scenic Hudson Valley Helicopter Tour.
Your tour will begin at the Westchester County Airport in White Plains, NY where you will meet your FAA-Certified Pilot and guide. Before lift-off, your pilot will give you and your group a 15-minute ground safety briefing so everyone is safe and familiar with all of the protocols. Depending on the group size, you will load into either a 6-passenger turbine chopper or a smaller Robinson R-44 helicopter, both among the safest and most popular helicopters in existence. From there, you are ready to embark on your journey!
Flying high above the Hudson Valley, some memorable sights on the 30-minute flight may include (and are subject to change):
- Incomparable views of the Hudson River
- Tappan Zee Bridge
- Indian Point
- Bear Mountain/Harriman State Park
- West Point
- Kykuit - The Rockefeller Estate
Whether you are a Manhattanite looking to broaden your horizons or a visitor looking for more than just the typical big city views, this private Hudson Valley Helicopter Tour is the answer for you!
- 250 pound per passenger weight limit, subject to combined passenger weight limits
- Combined weight for groups up to 3 passengers cannot exceed 500 pounds
- Combined weight for groups up to 6 passengers cannot exceed 900 pounds
- Children younger than 2 years may ride on their parent's lap if they safely fit
- Passengers under 18 years require parental consent
- Tours are wheelchair accessible with prior notification
- Price includes $25 per person airport facility fee
Plan to be at the airport for a total of 45-50 minutes total with approximately 30 minutes of flight time (engine start to engine stop).
This is a private tour available for up to 6 passengers, pending weight restrictions
Spectators are welcome to observe take-off and landing from a viewing area with a security escort or they can wait in the lounge.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Please avoid wearing any loose articles of clothing (i.e. scarfs, hats, etc.) which could fly away around spinning rotors. Sunglasses are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 48 hours prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 48 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather or aircraft maintenance, you will reschedule your experience directly with the experience provider.
Is this experience wheelchair accessible?
Yes! Temporary ramps can be used to facilitate access to the helicopters, with advance notice. Please let us know at the time of booking if anyone in your group will require special arrangements.
Are children welcome on this tour?
Absolutely! This tour is great for all ages. Children younger than 2 years may ride on their parent's lap, if deemed safe by the pilot in command. Anyone aged 2 years or older will need to have their own seat. Please contact the experience provider prior to your scheduled flight with any questions or concerns regarding this.
Can I bring my camera?
Yes, but picture-taking is not allowed until you're seated in the helicopter. Due to airport security restrictions, passengers are not permitted to take any photos of airport property. Photos in front of your helicopter will be taken by the experience provider and are available for purchase after your flight.
What are the combined passenger weight restrictions?
For the private tour up to 3 passengers: combined weight cannot exceed 500 lbs.
For the private tour up to 6 passengers: combined weight cannot exceed 900 lbs.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 130 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- All New York Experiences