Chelsea Piers - Manhattan, NY
June through September:
Mondays - 6:30 PM or 7:00 PM
Click here for schedule
- Delicious sushi from renowned Iron Chef Morimoto's team is featured on this light-dinner sail, prepared just minutes before boarding
- Enjoy the fresh evening breeze while sailing the harbor and sampling sushi, sake flights, champagne, beer, and wine
- Sushi and sake flights paired with the Manhattan skyline's city lights are sure to impress!
This memorable evening of sushi, sake, sailing and sunsets takes place aboard the 2011 and 2013 winner of the Chesapeake Bay Schooner Race, the America 2.0.
The 105-foot schooner with 3,600 feet of sail was built for speed and comfort and is the envy of fellow sea travelers!
The freshest NYC sushi from team members of Iron Chef Morimoto is prepared just minutes before boarding and is served within the first hour of sailing.
Nine sushi pieces and one roll are served in two separate platings with appropriately-paired sake flights. The sushi menu, depending on availability and seasonality, will include (and is subject to change):
- King Salmon Unagi
- Fresh Water Eel Chu Toro
- Medium Fatty Tuna Hamachi
- Yellowtail Hirame
- Fluke Suzuki
- Striped Bass Ebi
- Silver Whiting Spicy Tuna Maki
Sit back, relax and enjoy the Manhattan skyline, delicious sushi and a beautiful sunset from the New York Harbor.
- Ship boards 10 minutes prior to departure time, and passengers must arrive at the dock at least 30 minutes before the departure time.
- Participants must be at least 21 years of age with a valid form of i.d. to enjoy alcoholic beverages.
- This sunset sail is geared more toward adults but all ages are welcome aboard. Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present.
- Gratuity is not included in this package but it is appreciated if you enjoy the experience.
This sail will last approximately 3 hours.
This ship can accommodate up to 75 passengers.
This experience is to be enjoyed by the participants only.
The experience usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather situations. The sail will only get cancelled in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. Cancellations are made on the day of the sail, by the Captain, up to one hour prior to sail time. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions on the day of your experience. In the event of a cancelled sail, passengers will reschedule directly with the experience provider.
What to Wear:
Dress is typically casual. The temperature can be cooler out on the water though, so dress accordingly. We ask that passengers wear only soft soled shoes such as sneakers, deck shoes, flip-flops or sandals.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is not allowed and all bookings are final. Failure to appear on your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Are there any age restrictions for this experience?
This cruise is designed for adults 18 and above, however children are allowed on board. If you are over the age of 21 and plan on consuming alcoholic beverages, please bring a valid form of ID.
Will I get seasick?
The America 2.0 is a steady, gentle sailing vessel. Most people do not experience seasickness.
Is the schooner wheelchair accessible?
No, unfortunately the schooner is not wheelchair-accessible.
Is there a bathroom on board?
Yes, there is a bathroom on board that will be accessible at all times.
How many sushi pieces and sake flights are included?
The menu includes nine sushi pieces and one roll, served in two platings, paired with four sake flights.
Is there parking close to the ship?
Yes, there is paid parking available at Chelsea Piers parking lot. The access road into this parking lot is at West 24th street and if you're west-bound on 23rd street. Please be aware that parking may be limited at times.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 130 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- All New York Experiences
"We have been to NYC before and never had experienced it from the water. It was an an amazing sunset trip to the Statue of Liberty and back that we will never forget. The Morimoto sushi was also second to none and paired perfectly with the sake. Fantastic experience."
"My husband and I were beyond satisfied with the entire experience, more that we actually expected. The crew on the sailboat was amazing, great to see an all-girl crew of sailors so friendly and knowledgeable. The sushi was outstanding and the sake the best we have ever had. We will definitely recommend this experience to our friends along with Cloud 9 Living. Thank you for helping me celebrate my husband's Christmas gift, a memory we will cherish forever. Plus, my husband's birthday is next week so it was a bonus experience, Christmas in July. :-)"
"The boat crew was very friendly, fun, and treated the guests like treasured visitors. That part was noticeably awesome. The woman who gave us our boat passes at the dock was a little curt with people for not having everything ready (there was no sign saying exactly what she would need), but she was trying to make sure that people got onto a rushed boat that was about to leave, so it's understandable. Still, perhaps one person managing 15-minute intervals of boats leaving, for guests who may or may not be on that boat, is putting too much strain on one person."