South end of Battery Park - Lower Manhattan, NY
June - August:
Thursday through Saturday - 9:30 PM
Thursday through Saturday - 9:00 PM
- Embark on an NYC sailing experience aboard the city's only tall ship, the historic Clipper City — boasting a 158' frame with masts rising 120' off the deck.
- Admire famed Manhattan attractions and spectacular skyscrapers from the unique vantage point of the Hudson River.
- Treat yourself to beverages like soda, wine, beer, mixed drinks and nautical-themed cocktails from the ship's full-service cash bar.
- Share an evening of unique sightseeing with family and friends, celebrate a special occasion, or enjoy a different kind of date night with a special someone!
Step aboard New York City's one and only tall ship for the Harbor Lights Sail. A night on the majestic Clipper City —with the glistening skyline and the quiet ambiance of the Hudson River— makes for a magical experience worth remembering forever!
See Manhattan's breathtaking skyline light up the night. The noise of 'The City That Never Sleeps' fades to silence as you cruise out onto the Hudson. The ship's engines are cut and magnificent sails opened for a peaceful cruise from New York.
Enjoy some of the most memorable New York City sightseeing as you float past renowned Manhattan attractions on this unique vessel. The historic Clipper City tall ship is an exact reconstruction of the original Clipper City ships that sailed the coastal lumber trade in the U.S. during the late 1800s. Nothing will prepare you for the amazing sensation of being on one of the largest sailing boats still in commercial operation today.
The Clipper City's 158-foot build, complete with towering masts that reach a stunning height of 120-feet, will leave you as breathless as the twinkling city scenery that stretches before you. Relish up-close views of landmarks like the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, notorious bridges, and much more as your NY Tall Ship Harbor Lights Sail traverses past these legendary sights.
Want to wet your whistle a bit? Saunter over to the boat's full-service cash bar for a favorite beverage! Choose from refreshments like beer, wine, soda, mixed drinks, and even nautical-themed cocktails. Then cozy back up along the deck to watch the brilliant display of the Manhattan world go by, savoring the fresh air and exquisite surroundings of this unique NYC sailing experience!
- The sail is not narrated, however the crew is happy to answer your questions
- Seating is casual
- Refreshments available for purchase (cash and credit cards are accepted): light fare, beer, wine, soda, mixed drinks and nautical themed cocktails.
This sail will last approximately 90 minutes.
This experience is shared by a total of 134 passengers.
This experience is only for those on the sail.
Sailing is an all weather outdoor experience and will run in light rain. In the event of dangerous sailing conditions, your sail will be rescheduled. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress is typically casual. The temperature can be cooler out on the water, so dress accordingly. Passengers should wear only soft soled shoes such as sneakers, deck shoes, flip-flops or sandals. Heels and boots can scuff the deck. It is recommended to arriving at least 30 minutes before your scheduled time.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no exchanges are allowed. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience for a $10 per person fee payable directly to the experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule in accordance with these terms will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What if it rains?
In the event of a cancellation by the Captain due to severe weather conditions or mechanical failure, customers will be rescheduled at no additional fee.
What time do I need to be there?
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your departure time to exchange your voucher for a boarding pass. You must have your boarding pass with you in order to board the Clipper City.
Are refreshments and food available?
Refreshments available for purchase: light fare, beer, wine, soda, mixed drinks and nautical themed cocktails.
Are gratuties included?
Price does not include gratuity. It is customary to tip the crew if you enjoyed your sail, and please remember to tip your server if you enjoyed your drink.
Where do I park?
Your vessel is located at the South Street Seaport. You can park in the parking garage on South Street or you can take either the subway or bus. If you take the Subway, take 2, 3, 4, 5, J, Z, or M to Fulton Street: A and C to Broadway- Nassau. Walk east on Fulton Street to Water Street. If you take the bus, take M15 (South Ferry-bound) down Second Ave. to Fulton Street.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 125 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(23)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Tandem Hang GlidingAvg Rating of: 4-half(4)From: $200
- All New York Experiences