South end of Battery Park - Lower Manhattan, NY
June - August:
Wednesdays - 9:45 PM
Wednesdays - 9:15 PM
- Manhattan attractions never looked so good as you float past them aboard the historic Clipper City, New York's only tall ship.
- Swoon to the talented tunes of local musicians featuring bebop, smoky blues, ballads and more for jazz in NYC unlike any other!
- This 2-hour NYC sailing experience is a wonderful way to spend a night on the water with family, friends, or a date.
- Visitors and locals of the Big Apple alike will love this opportunity to see the city displayed from the Hudson River, with its dazzling lights glittering off the harbor.
Escape to the waters of the Hudson River for a night of unrivaled entertainment! The NY Tall Ship Jazz Sail invites you to leave the hustle, bustle and noise of New York City behind, to savor instead the melodious magic of acclaimed artists.
Board the Clipper City, NYC's only tall ship, and embark on a scenic, relaxing evening as you drift away from the docks of Battery Park. Marvel at the stunning views of Manhattan, as the sparkling lights of skyscrapers and NYC attractions light up the night sky. No other sightseeing in New York will compare to the vantage points offered from the decks of this magnificent vessel. Snap a few photos and visit the Clipper City's full-service cash bar, sipping a liquid treat while you take in the scenery.
As you soak up the lively feel of your surroundings, let your feet move you to the beat of some of the finest jazz in NYC! Sway to the cool rhythms of bebop, smoky blues, ballads, and other jazz standards as the ship makes its way around the harbor. Get lost in the tunes of acclaimed musicians, as these local giants of jazz invigorate and refresh your soul with their sounds, giving you a night to remember.
So why not share the evening with family, friends or a special someone! Celebrate a special occasion or simply do a typical date night a little bit differently. As one of the most unique things to do in New York, the NY Tall Ship Jazz Sail delivers nothing short of fun entertainment, vibrant views, and endless memories.
Kick back, relax, and let the exquisite ambiance of the night whisk you away!
- The sail is not narrated, however the crew is happy to answer your questions
- Seating is casual
- Refreshments available for purchase (cash and credit cards are accepted): light fare, beer, wine, soda, mixed drinks and nautical themed cocktails
This sail will last approximately 2 hours.
You will be accompanied by other passengers, with a maximum of 134 per sail. For groups larger than 4 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the sail.
Sailing is an all weather outdoor experience, and we do sail in light rain. In the event of dangerous sailing conditions, your sail will be rescheduled. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather conditions. The temperature can be cooler out on the water, so dress accordingly. Passengers should wear only soft soled shoes such as sneakers, deck shoes, flip-flops or sandals. Heels and boots can scuff the deck.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no exchanges are allowed. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience for a $20-30 per person fee payable directly to the experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule in accordance with these terms will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What if it rains?
In the event of a cancellation by the Captain due to severe weather conditions or mechanical failure, customers will be rescheduled at no additional fee.
What time do I need to be there?
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your departure time to exchange your voucher for a boarding pass.You must have your boarding pass with you in order to board the Clipper City.Seating on the boat is casual. The boat will not wait for stragglers.
Are refreshments and food available?
Refreshments available for purchase: light fare, beer, wine, soda, mixed drinks and nautical themed cocktails.
Are gratuties included?
Price does not include gratuity. It is customary to tip the crew if you enjoyed your sail, and please remember to tip your server if you enjoyed your drink.
Where do I park?
Your vessel is located at the South Street Seaport. You can park in the parking garage on South Street or you can take either the subway or bus. If you take the Subway, take 2, 3, 4, 5, J, Z, or M to Fulton Street: A and C to Broadway- Nassau. Walk east on Fulton Street to Water Street. If you take the bus, take M15 (South Ferry-bound) down Second Ave. to Fulton Street.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 125 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(23)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Tandem Hang GlidingAvg Rating of: 4-half(4)From: $200
- All New York Experiences
"It was really great. The jazz band was excellent, the ambiance was brilliant, and the sights were impressive."
"We had the perfect weather conditions when we experienced sailing on the tall ship cruise on the Hudson River in the evening hours. The ship was not crowded, so everyone had space to walk around and sit down. Looking at the NYC and NJ skylines at night, along with listening to great jazz music, just made the evening more special for us. My husband and I really enjoyed ourselves. "
"I received my Tall Ship Jazz Sail as a Christmas gift . It was an amazing time! My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the smooth jazz band on a romantic trip on the harbor in NYC. The view of the city at night was spectacular. I would highly recommend this experience for anyone looking for something different to do in the city other than the standard dinner and a show. "