South end of Battery Park - Lower Manhattan, NY
May - Mid-October:
Tuesday through Sunday - 2:15 PM & 4:30 PM
- Step back in time on the historic Clipper City, New York's only tall ship, boasting a 158-foot frame and masts that rise 120 feet off the deck.
- Depart from the docks of Battery Park, enjoying 90 minutes of fresh air, magnificent sights, cash bar refreshments, and plenty of photo opps!
- Enjoy up-close views of famed Manhattan attractions as you navigate along the Hudson River, past the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, city skyline and more.
- Big Apple locals and visitors alike will love this chance to relax in a unique atmosphere with family, friends or a special someone!
Make way for a magical afternoon in Manhattan! The NYC Tall Ship Sailing Experience is your ticket to an unforgettable outing with family and friends of all ages.
Round up family and friends or surprise your special someone, with an H2O adventure on the Hudson River that comes with memories waiting to be made. Board the Big Apple's one and only authentic tall ship at Battery Park for a cruise from New York that is second to none.
Enjoy 90 minutes on the decks of the Clipper City, a 158-foot vessel with masts that reach an impressive 120 feet overhead. Feel like assisting with the navigation of this historic tall ship? Lend the crew some muscle, helping them raise the boat's massive sails. As this NYC sailing vessel makes its way around the harbor, delight in knowing you're aboard one of the largest boats of its kind still in commercial operation today!
Relish a peaceful ride over the river waters as the ship's sails puff out in the wind, taking you past celebrated Manhattan attractions. Enjoy unobstructed views of Lady Liberty, famed bridges, Ellis Island, Governor's Island, the brilliant cluster of skyscrapers that make up the city's breathtaking skyline, and plenty more.
Add a splash of light refreshment to your afternoon outing with a stop by the Clipper City's full-service cash bar. Wet your whistle with a favorite beer, wine, soda, or mixed drink. Or raise a glass to an unforgettable NYC Tall Ship Sailing Experience, and sip on one of the menu's unique nautical-themed cocktails.
So hop aboard the Clipper City to enjoy moments that will last a lifetime, while savoring timeless Manhattan sightseeing. Share one of the most memorable things to do in NYC in the good company of family and friends.
- This sail is not narrated, however the crew is happy to answer your questions
- Seating is casual
- Refreshments available for purchase (cash and credit cards are accepted): light fare, beer, wine, soda, mixed drinks and nautical themed cocktails.
This sail will last approximately 90 minutes.
This experience is shared by a total of 134 passengers.
This is only for those on the ship.
Sailing is an all weather outdoor experience, and we do sail in light rain. In the event of dangerous sailing conditions, your sail will be rescheduled. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress is typically casual. The temperature can be cooler out on the water, so dress accordingly. Passengers should wear only soft soled shoes such as sneakers, deck shoes, flip-flops or sandals. Heels and boots can scuff the deck. It is recommended to arriving at least 30 minutes before your scheduled time.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no exchanges are allowed. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience for a $10 per person fee payable directly to the experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule in accordance with these terms will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What if it rains?
In the event of a cancellation by the Captain due to severe weather conditions or mechanical failure, customers will be rescheduled at no additional fee.
What time do I need to be there?
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your departure time to exchange your voucher for a boarding pass. You must have your boarding pass with you in order to board the Clipper City. Seating on the boat is casual, and the boat will not wait for stragglers.
Are refreshments and food available?
Refreshments available for purchase: light fare, beer, wine, soda, mixed drinks and nautical themed cocktails.
Are gratuties included?
Price does not include gratuity. It is customary to tip the crew if you enjoyed your sail. Also remember to tip your server if you enjoyed your drink.
Where do I park?
Your vessel is located at the South Street Seaport. You can park in the parking garage on South Street or you can take either the subway or bus. If you take the Subway, take 2, 3, 4, 5, J, Z, or M to Fulton Street: A and C to Broadway- Nassau. Walk east on Fulton Street to Water Street. If you take the bus, take M15 (South Ferry-bound) down Second Ave. to Fulton Street.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 125 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(23)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Tandem Hang GlidingAvg Rating of: 4-half(4)From: $200
- All New York Experiences
"Would have enjoyed a knowledgeable person giving all of us some information about the different places of interest the ship passed along the way. We had a beautiful day out in the harbor; the people working on the ship were wonderful."
"Oh I had a great time. We were allowed to help raise the sails. Wow- a lot of fun-but hard work- and there were about six of us helping- LOL! It was also a beautiful sunny day. And the dark and stormy drinks were also quite good!!!"
"Everything was good. Great day on the boat. Just wish the crew would have talked and told us about the different iconic places we past. That would have MADE the trip."