WACO Biplane Ride
American Airpower Museum - Farmingdale, NY
May - September:
Thursday through Sunday - 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Enjoy amazing views from this open cockpit 1940's era biplane as you fly above Long Island
- Learn fascinating historical facts and experience a page of history from the Golden Era of flight
- Have the time of your life on a low-altitude flight behind a roaring radial engine
- Includes a 1 day membership to the American Airpower Museum and 1 guest pass
Feel the wind in your face as you speed down the airstrip and lift off into the clear blue sky aboard a meticulously restored WACO open cockpit biplane.
Enjoy spectacular views of Long Island from the open air cockpit, learn about the history of the magnificent aircraft from the Golden Era of aviation, and experience the history of flight!
- Participants must weigh less than 190 pounds, have no medical limitations, and minors must be accompanied by an adult
- Includes 1 day membership for participant and 1 guest to visit the American Airpower Museum. Any additional guests will have to purchase an entrance ticket.
Total experience lasts approximately 45-60 minutes, with approximately 20-25 minutes of flight time.
This flight is for 1 passenger only.
Participant will receive a 1 day membership to the American Airpower Museum and may bring 1 guest to visit the museum on the day of his or her flight experience.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions, no high heel shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 7 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 7 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Are there any physical restrictions for this flight?
Participants must have no medical limitations to participate.
Can I bring friends to the museum?
You will receive a 1 day membership to the American Airpower Museum and may bring up to 4 guests to visit the museum on the day of his or her flight experience.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 125 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(23)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Tandem Hang GlidingAvg Rating of: 4-half(4)From: $200
- All New York Experiences
"I was originally scheduled for a ride in a WACO biplane but the first day was too windy so rescheduled. Second try - the plane was down with engine problems so they offered me a more expensive ride in the AT6 Texan at no additional cost. The trip was fantastic. We took off over Jones Beach, flew along the beach, headed north, flew over my house, west along the Sound, and then back south to the airport. The flight was smooth and the views were great."
"Fantastic experience!! Professional staff!! Worth every penny!"
"Great experience from start to finish. Would highly recommend it to others."