West Village - New York City, NY
Fridays & Saturdays - 11:00 AM
Tuesdays, Fridays, & Saturdays- 11:00 AM
- Your local, fun, and knowledgeable NYC tour guide will lead you through the West Village
- Enjoy taking in the quaint tree-lined streets and architecture of the West Village
- Learn about the hangouts of the Beat Generation and Bob Dylan
- Sample 6 delicious treats including the neighborhood's best bagel, pizza, cupcake and more
Explore the landmark neighborhood of the West Village and sample some of the area's most talked about food specialties.
The West Village is filled with unique stories and architecture. Enjoy learning about the history of "Little Bohemia", the Beat Generation, and Bob Dylan's time here. For those of you entertainment buffs, you'll even get a glimpse of Monica's apartment from Friends.
This tour will give you an insider's look at some of the area's local eateries where you'll get to meet the culinary genius' at work.
Enjoy 6 tastings from local eateries that may include (subject to change):
- Faicco's Italian Specialties - (Est. 1900)
- Artichoke Pizza - Serious pizza aficionados (Est. 2008)
- Mamoun's Falafel - The oldest falafel restaurant in the city (Est. 1971)
- Hudson Bagels - Authentic New York bagels - always boiled before baked (Est. 1997)
- Molly's Cupcakes - Winner of cupcake Wars season finale on the Food Network (Est. 2011)
- 100 Montaditos - The Montadito is a traditional element of the Spanish gastronomy (Est. 2013)
- This tour will include 3 hours of walking and will cover approximately 1.5 miles.
- Basic level of fitness is expected of all participants.
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not included but is appreciated.
This is a 3 hour tour and includes approximately 1.5 mile of walking.
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 16 per tour. For groups larger than 6 please contact Cloud 9 Living for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This food tour will run in rain or shine. There will be no cancellations due to weather unless experience provider cancels the tour due to safety concerns.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing and shoes appropriate for weather and walking.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings for this experience are final.
What if it rains?
This tour is given rain or shine. A good portion of the tour is walking outdoors, however, you will spend time inside the establishments and so you will not be subject to the elements the entire tour.
How much food will we eat on this tour?
You will taste foods from 5 different specialty shops, ethnic eateries, and restaurants. Most tour participants find that there is enough food on the tour for lunch. We suggest individuals with large appetites see how they feel after the tour, and order a dish from their favorite tasting.
What if I have dietary restrictions or food allergies?
If you have food allergies or restrictions, please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking. Accommodations and substitutions can often be made.
How much walking will take place?
You will be on your feet for approximately 3 hours. The tour moves at a casual pace and you will walk approximately 1.5 mile. The streets are flat, but you will have to walk up small stairs at some of the establishments.
Is the tour appropriate for children?
The friendly and knowledgeable tour guides make learning about the history, culture, and foods of the neighborhoods visited interesting, informative, and fun. You will be on your feet for 3 hours and walk approximately 1 mile. Please gauge whether or not you think this tour is appropriate for your child. Children under the age of 5 are free, unless they're going to participate in the food tastings. You may bring a stroller on the tour, but it will have to remain outside, if the food establishment is busy.
Is tour gratuity included in the price?
Gratuity for your tour guide is not included in the price but is appreciated if you enjoy the tour.
Other New York Gift Ideas:(View all 129 New York experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Wine Tasting SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(58)From: $98
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $152
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Pittstown, NJAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $350
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Westchester, NYAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $340
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(34)From: $139
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $549
- Chocolate, Dessert & Drink TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $59
- Best of Brooklyn Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(36)From: $125
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- All New York Experiences
"Very pleasant and educational/entertaining afternoon. It was 3 hours of walking through historical areas of Greenwich Village (West Village I learned) while a friendly, informed and patient tour guide did her thing. The food stops were fascinating and gave us plenty of nourishment (not sure about calorie intake, but the 3 hours of walking made up for it). Highly recommend."
"Ian (our guide) was great: knowledgeable, enthusiastic, friendly, and accommodating. Even having lived in NYC a long time, I learned some things about Greenwich Village (as well as finding some delectable eateries) I hadn't known."
"This was a really fun food and history tour, by a friendly and knowledgeable guide."