Monarch Beach Golf Links - Dana Point, CA
November through March:
*Pending instructor and course availability
Perfect your putt with the help of PGA Professional and AimPoint Certified Instructor, Sean Lanyi, and the World's #1 Green Reading Instruction, AimPoint Technology!
- Work with the Director of Game Improvement at Monarch Beach Golf Links
- 2-hour workshop focuses on the techniques you'll need for a precise putt and lowering your golf score
- Learn how to accurately identify slope, determine the precise break amounts for putts, handling changes in slope, shot strategies and more
- Perfect for all levels of experience!
Learn how to putt perfectly with the help of PGA Professional and Certified Aim Point Instructor, Sean Lanyi!
This 2-hour lesson will focus on the "green-reading" method and how to predict your putt in various conditions.
The small group workshop offers individual attention from your instructor and provide tips for lowering your score. Learn how to:
- Accurately identify slope
- Judge slope direction and grade affect break
- Determine precise break amounts for any putt
- Handle changing or multiple slopes
- Manage speed control
- Determine the optimum approach shot strategies
About Your Instructor, Sean Lanyi:
PGA Class A Professional Sean Lanyi currently serves as PGA Director of Game Improvement & Junior Golf Leader at The Academy at Monarch Beach Golf Links.
Sean is a TaylorMade - Adidas staff member, Matrix Advisory staff member and a supporter of RFK Golf and Fitness Training. He is a certified US Kids Golf Instructor and top 50 kids instructor. Sean mentored and was taught by some of the best instructors in the world including Mike Malaska, Stan Utley, Jim Waldron, Jerry King and Seth Glasco.
Prior to his current roles at Monarch Beach Golf Links, Sean served as the Lead Instructor for the Golf Digest and Advantage Golf Schools at Black Gold Golf Club,the PGA Director of Instruction at Ko Olina Golf Academy on Oahu, and as the Head Instructor at the PGA Tour Academy at TPC Las Vegas.
Sean currently works with top ranked juniors and collegiate players as well as Symetra, LPGA and PGA Tour players. He has the ability to work with golfers of all ages, skill levels and learning styles and looks forward to instilling that passion in everyone he has the opportunity to teach.
- Includes green fees for the duration of the lesson
- Participants should bring their putter and a bottle of water
- Junior rates are for ages 6 - 17 years old
This lesson will last approximately 2 hours.
There will be up to 8 participants per putting lesson.
This experience is for scheduled participants only.
This experience is weather dependent. In the event of possible inclement weather, please contact the instructor directly.
What to Wear:
Appropriate golf attire including a collared or mock neck shirt, spike-less golf shoes and slacks or Bermuda shorts.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 2-3 weeks in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given but you may reschedule your lesson with at least 72 hours notice to your instructor.
Do I need to bring my golf clubs?
Each participant should bring their putter for this lesson. It is not necessary to bring your set of clubs.
What if the weather is bad?
This experience is weather dependent. In the event of possible inclement weather, please contact your instructor directly.
Other Orange County Gift Ideas:(View all 59 Orange County experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $299
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $225
- Newport Beach Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $122
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $92
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(6)From: $100
- NASCAR Driving ExperienceAvg Rating of: 4-half(2)From: $355
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Redondo BeachFrom: $375
- Scenic Biplane Ride for 2Avg Rating of: 5(6)From: $219
- Newport Beach Whale WatchingFrom: $78
- All Orange County Experiences