- Descend 1200 feet, no cross roads, no turns
- Ride through the transition zone of the Colorado and Mojave Desert
- Cruise through winding narrow walls of Box Canyon
- Finish with views of the Salton Sea, Mt. San Jacinto, the All-American Canal and Coachella Valley
Riders are treated to a geologic extravaganza on this 20 mile tour that descends through the heart of the San Andreas Fault zone on a paved road to the heart of grape country near Mecca.
There are no cross roads, no turns, and very little traffic, which makes this a relaxing sightseeing adventure. Riders will see the stark beauty of the desert as they descend a total of 1200 feet over the route.
The course takes riders from the transition zone between the Colorado and Mojave Deserts, winds its way through the narrow canyon walls of Box Canyon and finishes with spectacular views of the Salton Sea, Mt. San Jacinto, the All-American Canal, and the agriculture of the eastern Coachella Valley.
The tour finishes with a visit to the Oasis Date Gardens for a date shake and restroom break.
- Participants must be at least 10 years of age
- Bicycle and helmet are included in the cost of the tour
- Snacks and water will be provided
Up to 50 riders on the tour, with a maximum of 10 riders to each guide.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. No open toed shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancelling or rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What's included on the tour?
The tour includes a custom fit bicycle and helmet for each rider, a support vehicle equipped with first-aid suppliers and communication capabilities, snacks and water, a date shake at the end of the tour, and one knowledgeable guide for every 10 riders.
How physically demanding is the tour?
Biking is at the beginner to intermediate level, suitable for most participants with a basic level of physical fitness.
Other Orange County Gift Ideas:(View all 66 Orange County experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Newport Beach Dinner CruiseFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 4-half(8)
- Newport Beach Whale WatchingFrom: $78
- NASCAR Ride AlongFrom: $130Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- NASCAR Driving ExperienceFrom: $499Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $225
- Fly a JetpackFrom: $259
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $200
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $375
- All Orange County Experiences