- Head pilots have over 30 years experience flying hot air balloons
- Enjoy stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and coastal bluffs surrounding Del Mar
- Champagne and sparkling cider served aloft during your flight
- Embrace the serenity of flight as you glide effortlessly 1,500 feet above the ground
Experience spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean, the coastal bluffs surrounding Del Mar and of course, a wonderful sunset on this romantic, sunset balloon flight.
Enjoy your champagne, or sparkling cider, as you float by the lush setting of the estate homes of Rancho Santa Fe amdist a glowing, peaceful sunset.
View the mountains bordering the Borrego Desert to the east, and on an especially clear day, the Coronado Islands to the south.
Enjoy an inspired adventure filled with beautiful, sweeping vistas, panoramic views and sky sailing fun that will make for lifelong memories.
- Participants must be at least 7 years of age and be able to climb in and out of the balloon
- Please note that there must be a minimum of 6 passengers in a balloon in order to fly, if this requirement is not met, the flight will be rescheduled
- When you make booking requests, please indicate the estimated weights of the participants
3-4 hours total with approximately 1 hour of flight time.
6-14 per balloon depending on overall weight and balloon type.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear casual outdoor active wear, and a jacket, sweatshirt or fleece pullover. Closed toe shoes are required, no high heels. Because the balloon burners radiate heat, we recommend that if you are over six feet tall that you wear a hat or a cap. In the cooler months, we suggest bringing gloves.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance. However, last minute requests will be taken based on availability.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Is it a safe experience?
This balloon company has built their entire reputation on providing you with the adventure of your life. Since 1977 their pilots, staff, and crew have been extensively trained by employing rigid company practices that go beyond those required by law.
What should I wear?
Casual outdoor active wear is recommended, along with a jacket, sweatshirt or fleece pullover. Comfortable shoes are suggested, high heels are not allowed. The balloon burners radiate heat, therefore, it is recommend that if you are over 6 feet tall that you wear a hat or a cap. In the cooler months you can bring some gloves to wear.
What do I need to bring?
A camera! A video camera! It is recommended you leave all other personal possessions safely locked in your car.
What about bad weather?
Weather is obviously an important factor in ballooning. That is why there is a "mandatory" phone call prior to each flight, for that final "weather confirmation". If the flight is canceled because of weather conditions, you will be able to reschedule your flight for another date.
How high does the balloon fly?
When you are aloft in the balloon you may travel up to 1,500 feet above the earth, which is what makes those views so fantastic!
How far will the balloon travel?
The average distance that you will travel in the balloon is 3-7 miles, depending on winds.
What if I have motion sickness?
There is no turbulence sway or keel in a hot air balloon. However, if you are especially sensitive to motion, medication should be effective.
How many passengers will be in the balloon?
The number of passengers depends on the balloon, the smallest accommodates 6 passengers, and the largest accommodates up to 14 passengers! All of the baskets are large, European design, and partitioned to give each passenger maximum comfort and visibility.
Other Orange County Gift Ideas:(View all 67 Orange County experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Newport Beach Dinner CruiseFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 4-half(8)
- Newport Beach Whale WatchingFrom: $78
- NASCAR Ride AlongFrom: $130Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- NASCAR Driving ExperienceFrom: $499Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $225
- Fly a JetpackFrom: $259
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $200
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $375
- All Orange County Experiences