Long Beach Airport - Long Beach, CA
Daily - 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- FAA Certified Flight Instructor coaches you through approximately 15 minutes of ground instruction, 15 minutes of helicopter simulator time and up to 20 minutes of flight time
- Fly in a Robinson helicopter and practice skills such as straight and level flying, climbing, descending and hovering
- Enjoy views of beautiful downtown Long Beach and the Pacific Ocean while you fly a helicopter!
Take to the air in a state of the art helicopter when you Learn to Fly near Orange County!
Choose to fly with just a flight instructor in a Robinson R-22 or bring 2 passengers with you and fly in a Robinson R-44!
Your experience begins when you meet your FAA Certified Flight Instructor. After 15 minutes of ground school, you'll head to the flight simulator and feel what it's like to fly a helicopter before trying your hands on a real Robinson aircraft. After 15-20 minutes on the flight simulator, you'll head to the hangar to complete the pre-flight checklist with your flight instructor.
Now you are ready to climb into the helicopter and prepare for take-off! Your pilot will handle take-off and landing, but mid-air you'll take control of the helicopter and learn how the professionals fly on an everyday basis. While in flight, you may have the opportunity to try straight and level flying, climbs, turns and descents!
Take in views of downtown Long Beach and the Pacific Ocean on the approximately 20-minute flight. When your feet are firmly planted back on the ground, feel free to take some photos with the helicopter and consider your first flight lesson complete!
Be prepared to experience a feeling few in the world ever have - the sensation of manning the controls of an airborne helicopter on this Learn to Fly experience in Long Beach!
- To fly in the R-22 helicopter the student must weigh no more than 225 lbs
- Flights for 1 student and up to 2 passengers will take place in a R-44 helicopter where the maximum weight per seat is 300 pounds
- Valid government issued photo ID is required
- Parental consent form must be signed for students under 18 years old
- No experience necessary
You will have a 15-20 minute ground school session, approximately 15 minutes of simulator time and the introductory flight where you will take control of the helicopter will last 15-20 minutes.
The maximum number of participants varies based on the option selected. The R-22 option is for 1 student only, the R-44 option is for 1 student and up to 2 passengers, pending weight restrictions.
Spectators are welcome to observe take off and landing from a viewing area located at the heliport.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions; flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended. Loose clothing is not permitted.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply.Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
What if the weather is bad?
Safety is the top priority. In the event of inclement weather, you will work directly with your pilot to reschedule. Always contact the experience provider on the day of your experience with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What type of helicopter will the scenic flight be in?
This introductory flight lesson will take place in a Robinson Helicopter model. Depending on the option selected and the student/passenger(s) weight(s), you will either fly in an R-22 or R-44 helicopter.
Do I need any experience?
No experience is necessary! You will have a 15-20 minute ground school session, approximately 15 minutes of simulator time and the introductory flight where you will take control of the helicopter will last 15-20 minutes.
What are the weight restrictions?
For the 1 student option, participants must weigh no more than 225 lbs. The maximum weight per person for the 1 student and up to 2 passenger option is 300 pounds.
Other Orange County Gift Ideas:(View all 59 Orange County experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $299
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $225
- Newport Beach Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $120
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $90
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(5)From: $100
- NASCAR Driving ExperienceAvg Rating of: 4-half(2)From: $355
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Redondo BeachFrom: $375
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Scenic Biplane Ride for 2Avg Rating of: 5(6)From: $219
- All Orange County Experiences