Glider Ride for 2
Warner Springs, CA
Daily - 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
*Pending instructor availability
- One of the largest soaring centers in the U.S. and in business since 1959
- FAA certified pilots
- Views of Lake Henshaw, Hot Springs Peak, Palomar Mountains and more
- Take home complimentary pictures of your day courtesy of the wing mounted cameras
After climbing to nearly 1 mile above sea level you hear the click of the tow rope being released from your glider.
The tow plane disappears out of sight and you are left with only the sound of the wind as you experience flying in its purest form.
Enjoy panoramic views of Lake Henshaw, the beautiful San Jose Valley and surrounding mountains, including Hot Springs Peak and the Palomar Mountains.
An incredible experience you will both be talking about for years to come.
No experience necessary. Combined weight of passengers not to exceed 360 pounds.
35-40 minutes of flight time.
2 per glider
Allowed, you can watch the glider take off and land.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. It is approximately 10 degrees cooler during flight.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider
Is it safe?
Yes! All flights are flown by FAA Certified Commercial pilots. It is also extremely safe since the sailplane carries no fuel or a heavy engine, and is designed to land in unimproved fields.
What are the ages to fly?
There is no minimum age, however if a child is too young he/she will not appreciate it. Usually at 4 or 5 years old is when the ride becomes more appreciated.
What is the best time to fly?
Earlier flights between 11:00am and 3:00pm are the smoothest. During the heat of the day there is more unstable air which means it is probably better soaring, but bumpier!
How far away is Warner Springs from Los Angeles?
Plan on about 2 hours.
Other Orange County Gift Ideas:(View all 59 Orange County experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $299
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $225
- Newport Beach Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $120
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $90
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(5)From: $100
- NASCAR Driving ExperienceAvg Rating of: 4-half(2)From: $355
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Redondo BeachFrom: $375
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Scenic Biplane Ride for 2Avg Rating of: 5(6)From: $219
- All Orange County Experiences