Little Grand Canyon SUV Tour
Palm Desert, CA
Daily - 7:00 AM and 1:00 PM
- Explore the Little Grand Canyon from the comfort of a climate controlled Toyota Sequoia
- Enjoy the best elements of a classic desert backcountry tour, narrow washes, magnificent ridgelines, technical off-roading, colorful canyons, palm oases and more
- Tour includes optional nature walks into slot canyons and palm oases for the adventurous
Experience California's Little Grand Canyon, a truly outstanding wilderness treasure, in the comfort of a full sized SUV.
California's Little Grand Canyon is desert backcountry located in Palm Desert, approximately 30 minutes east of Palm Springs.
This Little Grand Canyon Tour combines all of the best elements of a classic desert backcountry tour including narrow washes, magnificent ridgelines, technical off-roading, colorful canyons, palm oases, slot canyons, historic mining and cattle trails, and even a drive through some agricultural fields.
The off-road portion of this tour begins near Chiriaco Summit and heads through the dramatic red canyons that General Patton used to prepare his troops for desert warfare during World War II. The rugged jeep trail is punctuated by endless vistas and unique red rock formations not ordinarily seen in the greater Palm Springs area. Head back to the highway along a desert wash that skirts the Chocolate Mountain Aerial Gunnery range and cross the historic trade route known as the Bradshaw Trail.
As you explore this wilderness treasure, your friendly and knowledgeable guide will provide insightful information about the natural environment surrounding you.
Water and snacks provided.
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 7 per vehicle and 14 per tour (2 vehicles). For groups larger than 6 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. No open toed shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 3-4 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellations and re-scheduling are allowed up to 72 hours prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other Orange County Gift Ideas:(View all 62 Orange County experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $299
- Newport Beach Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $120
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $90
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $225
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(5)From: $130
- NASCAR Driving ExperienceAvg Rating of: 4-half(2)From: $499
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Newport Beach Whale WatchingFrom: $78
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Redondo BeachFrom: $375
- All Orange County Experiences