Newport Beach, CA
March - October:
Daily - 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM, 3:30 PM, 6:00 PM
November - February:
Weekdays - 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM, 2:30 PM
Weekends - 9:30 AM, 12:00 PM,
2:30 PM, 5:00 PM
- Coast Guard certified tour operator has served Southern California for over 20 years providing whale watching and dolphin cruises
- Get up close and personal with the area's marine life such as the giant blue whale, finback whale, grey whale, minke whale, humpback whale, dolphin, seals and more
- Each cruise is unique and you never know what you may encounter!
Launch from Newport Harbor and enjoy the spectacular experience of whale watching in Southern California.
The area surrounding Newport Harbor offers deep, nutrient rich water that attracts all types of marine creatures including the blue whale which is over 80 feet in length (during the summer and fall months), finback whales, grey whales (during the winter and spring months), minke whales, humpback whales, several types of dolphins (including the giant Rizzo's dolphin over 14 feet in length), seals, and more.
Knowledgeable captains and crew have backgrounds in marine biology and enjoy sharing details on marine creatures, environments, and ecosystems for your education and enjoyment.
This whale watching cruise is truly a magical and memorable experience for all ages!
- Binoculars are available to rent for $5.00
- There is a cash only full service beverage center and kitchen on board
- Amenities on board include a large indoor salon, restrooms, and partially enclosed upstairs observation deck
- Although it is not guaranteed, with the nutrient rich waters, pristine coastlines and captain's expertise in the area, it is very likely that you will view both whales and dolphins your cruise
up to 102 participants per ship
This experience is only for those on the cruise.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
During the winter and spring months, you may want to bring a light and heavy jacket. Sunscreen is recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 5 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancelling or rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What kinds of whales will I see?
The area surrounding Newport Harbor offers deep, nutrient rich water that attracts all types of marine creatures including the blue whale which is over 80 feet in length (during the summer and fall months), finback whales, grey whales (during the winter and spring months), minke whales and humpback whales, as well as several types of dolphins including the giant Rizzo's dolphin, seals, and more.
What should I bring?
We recommend wearing comfortable shoes or sneakers and bringing along a light sweater or jacket. Sunscreen and sunglasses are a must, and don't forget your camera or binoculars.
Is there food on board?
Yes, there is a cash only full service beverage center and kitchen on board.
Other Orange County Gift Ideas:(View all 58 Orange County experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $299
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $225
- Newport Beach Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $120
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $90
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(5)From: $100
- NASCAR Driving ExperienceAvg Rating of: 4-half(2)From: $355
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Redondo BeachFrom: $375
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Scenic Biplane Ride for 2Avg Rating of: 5(6)From: $219
- All Orange County Experiences