Newport Beach, CA
May - September:
Monday through Friday - 6:00 AM & 12:30 PM
Saturday & Sunday - 5:00 AM
October - April:
Daily: 9:00 AM
- Your half day trip will cover areas from Long Beach to Dana Point, including Laguna Beach and Huntington Beach.
- Aim to catch barracuda, halibut, sand bass, calico bass, red snapper, giant yellowtail, white sea bass, and more.
- For locals and tourists alike, this is an opportunity to experience the best of Southern California Sportfishing.
Your half day sportfishing adventure departs from Newport Beach, the premier fishing marine center in Southern California.
Sportfishing is also known as deep sea fishing, charter boat fishing, salt water fishing or ocean fishing. Whatever you call it, you're in for a real treat in this amazing destination.
You will be fishing areas from Long Beach to Dana Point where you will have an opportunity to catchbarracuda, halibut, sand bass, calico bass, bonito, yellowtail, white sea bass and more.
The experience provider's fleet has state of the art electronics, huge live bait capacity with unlimited bait for use, spacious indoor/outdoor seating, restrooms, and full amenities including a full service snack bar/kitchen.
Come share this adventure of sportfishing and love of the ocean with the captains, crews and staff on board.
- Package includes ticket, rental rod, tackle pack and 1 day fishing license
- Fish cleaning is available for $0.75 - $2.00 per fish depending on size of fish
- Ship is wheelchair accessible
- There are no age restrictions
- No experience necessary
- For parties larger than 4 or for a private rental, please contact Cloud 9 Living
Total time on the water is 5 to 6 hours
up to 65 participants per ship
This experience is only for those on board.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
During the winter and spring months, you may want to bring a light and heavy jacket. Sunscreen is recommended. And don't forget to bring a camera!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 5 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancelling or rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Do I need previous fishing experience?
No experience is necessary. This sportfishing excursion is open to all ability levels!
What kind of fish will I catch?
It depends on the season and the day, but some species targeted on your trip may include barracuda, halibut, sand bass, calico bass, bonito, yellowtail and white sea bass.
Is the boat handicap accessible?
Yes, the boat is wheelchair accessible. Please note at the time of booking if you will be using a wheelchair on the day of your experience.
Other Orange County Gift Ideas:(View all 66 Orange County experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $299
- Newport Beach Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $120
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $90
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $225
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(5)From: $130
- NASCAR Driving ExperienceAvg Rating of: 4-half(2)From: $499
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Newport Beach Whale WatchingFrom: $78
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Redondo BeachFrom: $375
- All Orange County Experiences
"We had a get time on our fishing trip. The only thing that was a bit annoying was we were told to be at the location by 5am, and then were left waiting an hour and a half for the crew to load the boat. Other then that the staff was very helpful and friendly. I would purchase this trip again for sure."
"I bought this experience for my husband for Valentines Day and we booked it for our birthday weekend in September. This fishing trip was amazing!! We both caught fish, and they totaled to be 9 all together, not to mention the small ones we threw back!! I would highly recommend this experience!! We had a blast!!"