Rock Climbing for Beginners
Idyllwild, CA & Joshua Tree National Park, CA
June - August:
Select Saturdays - 8:00 AM
Joshua Tree National Park, CA
Mid-September through May:
Select Saturdays - 8:00 AM
- One of Outdoor Magazine'stop rankedoutdoor company's to learn to rock climb
- Learn essentials of equipment, knots, anchoring, belaying, communication signals and more
- Classes are taught on low-angle, moderate rock, perfect for novices
- Spend a day climbing in beautiful Joshua Tree or Idyllwild, CA!
If you are new to climbing, or need a refresher, Rock Climbing for Beginners is a perfect start! This introduction to the world of rock climbing, set in beautiful Joshua Tree National Park, emphasizes fun and safety.
The class covers the essentials for safely climbing steep rock, including: equipment, knots, anchoring, belaying, communication signals, rating system, climbing techniques and rappelling. Classes are taught on low-angle, moderate rock suitable for novices.
Get out and get vertical learning to rock climb!
- Participants must be at least 12 years old
- All rock climbing equipment, including harness and helmet are provided
- Rock climbing shoes are recommended and are available on a rental basis
- Bring water, lunch, sunscreen and a hat
This experience will last approximately 8 hours.
Up to 6 per instructor
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear shorts, tights, loose fitting pants, or sweatpants and bring extra clothing in case of cold weather.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellations made at least 10 days prior to the Experience will result in a cancellation fee of $25. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 10 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Where is the meeting location?
Once your date is booked and confirmed, you will receive information regarding the meeting location, a map with directions to the climbing area, information on camping and motel reservations and a list of recommended text books. You will need to provide your own transportation to the climbing area, although you can request carpool information.
What if this experience is cancelled due to inclement weather?
If your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule your experience directly with the experience provider.
Is equipment provided?
All necessary rock climbing equipment will be provided, including a harness and helmet. Rock climbing shoes are recommended and are available on a rental basis.
Is gratuity included?
Gratuity is not included in the price of this package, but is appreciated if you enjoy your rock climbing experience.
What should I wear?
Shorts, tights, loose fitting pants or sweatpants are recommended for rock climbing classes. You will be provided with a list of "Winter Clothing Guidelines" for Joshua Tree classes between November and March. For Idyllwild courses, lightweight hiking boots are recommended, along with a small day-pack to carry your gear.
Other Orange County Gift Ideas:(View all 58 Orange County experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $299
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $225
- Newport Beach Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $120
- Champagne Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $90
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(5)From: $100
- NASCAR Driving ExperienceAvg Rating of: 4-half(2)From: $355
- Learn to Fly a Helicopter - Redondo BeachFrom: $375
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Scenic Biplane Ride for 2Avg Rating of: 5(6)From: $219
- All Orange County Experiences