Daytona Int'l Speedway - Daytona, FL
Select Dates Year-Round:
AM times are typically 9:00 AM
PM times are typically 12 PM and 2:30 PM
* Schedule is subject to change
- Full size, 600 horsepower NASCAR style race cars
- Hit speeds up to 160 MPH
- Includes racing suit, helmet and driving instruction
- Options ranging from 8 to 24 laps of racing (don't worry, even 8 laps is a long time at 160 MPH!)
- Receive a graduation pack including a detailed lap time sheet and a certificate with your top speed
Take command of the wheel and experience first hand the thrill and excitement of driving a NASCAR style race car.
Your experience will start with a safety overview and driving instruction teaching you how to master the track's driving line, acceleration and deceleration points, and following distances. Next you'll learn about the cars including shifting patterns, safety devices and more.
Now it's the time to climb in, strap up and take control of your race car. You'll hear those famous words "Drivers Start Your Engines!" and then experience an adrenaline rush only known to the drivers in the racing world.
To ensure you get the most out of your driving experience, you'll have your own personal racing instructor riding in the passenger seat providing you with feedback and coaching via a two-way open mic radio system.
Upon completion of your NASCAR driving experience, there will be a Closing Ceremony where you'll receive a graduation pack including a detailed lap-time sheet, and an official graduation certificate showing your name, date and estimated top speed reached.
Daytona International Speedway:Known as, "The World Center of Racing," this famous International Speedway is an asphalt, 2.5 mile, tri-oval track. Complete with 4 intense turns, 31 degree banks and a 3,800 foot straghtaway, you'll be ready to put the pedal to the metal like a pro!
- Schedule is subject to change
- Participants must be in good overall physical condition, and must be able to climb through a 15" x 30" wide window that sits 36" from the ground
- Driving suits are available up to size 4XL
- Participants must be at least 18 years old with a valid driver's license
- It's recommended to be able to drive a manual (stick shift) transmission, but a push-start is available if needed
- Photo & In-Car Videos are available for purchase at the track
- Photo prices start at $20 and videos at $49. Prices vary based on lap packages and are subject to change.
- Experience price includes $39 driver's fee that releases the driver from any liability "...for most damage caused to the car resulting from and incident/crash at the track. Only in the event that a driver intentionally or negligently fails to follow instructions which leads to an incident/crash will the racing school seek financial recompense for resulting damage to the vehicle"
Please plan to be at the track for approximately 2.5 - 3 hours.
1 per car
Absolutely! The track has a special seating area set up where family and friends can watch, and don't forget a camera to capture your experience!
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact your experience provider in the event of inclement weather. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather, you will be given the option to reschedule for a mutually agreeable date or be issued a rain certificate.
What to Wear:
Comfortable, weather appropriate attire that will be comfortable under your driver's suit, and closed toed shoes. No sandals, flip-flops or heels.
For this experience we recommend booking at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final. No refunds or exchanges are allowed once you have scheduled a date. For rescheduling more than 30 days prior to your scheduled experience date, a $75 fee will be charged. No cancellations or rescheduling may be made less than 30 days prior to your scheduled experience date.
What types of cars are used?
600 HP NASCAR style race cars that have 4 speed manual transmissions.
Is passing allowed?
For safety and liability reasons passing is not allowed. There are 3-4 cars on the track at one time but everyone is spread apart. The coordinator keeps tracks of each car's individual speed and times/choreographs everything so that the faster car will not be held up by the slower one.
What is provided and what do I need to bring?
All participants are provided with a regulation helmet and safety device, as well as a driver's suit. Participants need to wear socks, closed-toed shoes, and clothes that will be comfortable under the driver's suit.
Are there weight or height restrictions?
Not exactly; however, the cars do not have doors. Participants must have the ability to climb through a 15" high by 30" wide window that sits 36" from the ground. Driving suits are available up to size 4XL.
Are there age restrictions?
Participants must be at least 18 years old with a valid driver's license. Experience driving a manual (stick shift) transmission is ideal, but not a requirement. If participants cannot operate a manual transmission a push-off start is available.
Are foods or beverages available at the track?
Snacks and refreshments are available for purchase at the merchandise trailer.
Are any photo or video packages of my experience available?
Yes, photos and in-car videos are available for purchase at the track. Photo prices start at $20 and video at $49. Prices vary depending on the lap package booked and are subject to change.
Can I bring guests?
Friends and family are more than welcome. The more the merrier! There is a viewing area right behind pit road where they can watch. They are also welcome to bring their cameras and camcorders with them to take pictures and video from that viewing area.
Other Orlando Gift Ideas:(View all 26 Orlando experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- NASCAR Ride Along at DaytonaAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $144
- Drive a NASCAR at DaytonaAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $620
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $161
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 3-half(1)From: $349
- Orlando Airboat Swamp SafariAvg Rating of: 4-half(6)From: $61
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $64
- Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $196
- Tandem Hang GlidingAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $175
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- All Orlando Experiences
"Everyone at the Richard Petty Driving Experience just great, couldn't ask for a better time. I would score this higher than 10. Higher than my expectations."
"My right-seat instructor was amazing. He did a great job and pushed me to go faster, and made the experience so much better!"
"It was great! Daytona, baby!!!"