Kissimmee Gateway Airport - Kissimmee, FL
Daily - 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Learn from an experienced FAA Certified Flight Instructor
- Start with a pre-flight briefing before taking control of a Robinson helicopter, one of the most popular training helicopters in the world
- Practice skills that may include straight and level flight, climbing, descending, and hovering
- No flying experience necessary!
Discover the art of flying one of the the most popular training helicopters in the world when you Learn to Fly a Helicopter in Orlando!
Choose to fly in a 2-seater, Robinson R-22 Helicopter or fly with 1 student and up to 2 passengers in a Robinson R-44 Helicopter, pending weight restrictions. You'll begin with a meet and greet of your friendly and FAA Certified Flight Instructor. After completing the pre-flight checklist, you and your pilot will climb into the helicopter and prepare for take off.
Your pilot will handle take off and landing but mid-air, you'll take the controls and learn how the professionals fly on an everyday basis. While in flight, you may have the opportunity to try straight and level flying, climbs, turns and descents! When your feet are firmly planted back on the ground, feel free to take photos with the helicopter and consider your first flight lesson complete!
Be prepared to experience a feeling few in the world ever have, the sensation of manning the controls of an airborne helicopter on this Learn to Fly experience near Orlando!
- The student must weigh no more than 225 pounds to fly in the R-22 helicopter
- The total combined weight of all passengers for R-44 helicopter options may not exceed 600 pounds
- Photo ID is required by all students and passengers
- Participants must be at least 16 year old, and a parental consent form must be signed for students under 18 years old
- No flying experience necessary
Participants should expect to be at the airport for anywhere between 1-2 hours, depending on the option selected.
Flights in the R-22 helicopter are for 1 student, flights in the R-44 helicopter are for 1 student and up to 2 passengers, pending weight restrictions.
Spectators are welcome to observe take-off and landing.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions; flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply.Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Do I need any flying experience?
No flying experience is necessary. This experience is considered an introductory lesson.
Are there any age restrictions?
Yes, students must be at least 16 years of age. Passengers must be at least 6 years old. Anyone under the age of 18 must have parental consent.
What kind of helicopter will be flying?
You'll learn how to fly in either a Robinson R-22 or R-44 helicopter, depending on the option selected. The Robinson helicopter is one of the most popular training aircraft in the world.
What if my flight is cancelled due to weather?
It is recommended to contact your pilot on the day of your experience in you have concerns regarding weather. In the event your flight is cancelled due to weather, you will reschedule directly with your pilot.
Other Orlando Gift Ideas:(View all 26 Orlando experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- NASCAR Ride Along at DaytonaAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $144
- Drive a NASCAR at DaytonaAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $620
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $161
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 3-half(1)From: $349
- Orlando Airboat Swamp SafariAvg Rating of: 4-half(6)From: $61
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $64
- Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $196
- Tandem Hang GlidingAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $175
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- All Orlando Experiences
"This experience was AMAZING! Joseph was a great teacher and made this flight wonderful! Everything was as described and quite memorable."
"i worked on helicopters in the marines and have flown plenty of times, but grabbing the controls and actually piloting was one of my all-time favorite experiences. I wish i had the time and expendable funds to jump in and get my license. For now the experience itself will have to do. Loved it!!"
"Flying the helicopter was a great experience. The pilot was very knowledgeable and thorough. I highly recommend it. "