Center City Disctrict - Philadelphia, PA
Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*pending instructor availability
Learn how to construct colorful objects from glass with a Couples Private Glass Blowing session!
- Instructor is a self-taught artist who focuses primarily on contemporary organic forms of glass blowing
- Customize your 2-hour lesson and enjoy private hands-on instruction
- Learn safety, glass handling, blowing skills, color application, cold working and casting
- Create a unique, one-of-a-kind piece with your loved one!
Channel your creativity using glass as your medium with a Couples Private Glass Blowing session in Philadelphia!
This 2-hour private session is lead by self-taught, experienced glass blower, Jim Loewer. His glass blowing techniques are derived from contemporary organic forms of glass blowing influenced by Japanese craft and the American studio glass movement.
You'll learn about the history of the art, safety, how to handle glass properly, blowing skills, cold working, casting and more during the private lesson. Create your own one-of-a-kind piece that you'll be able to take home in the days following.
If you're looking for a new creative outlet or in need of a date night, the Couples Private Glass Blowing session is the perfect experience for you and that special someone!
- Participants must be at least 10 years old
- All skill levels are welcome and your class will be tailored to your ability
- Materials and tools are included
- Items must cool overnight in the oven, but will be available for pick-up
- Shipping fees will apply for items that cannot be picked up
This private instruction will be approximately 2 hours.
This experience is for up to 2 participants.
This experience is only for those booked in the Couples Glass Blowing session.
This experience is not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
It is recommended to wear long sleeves, long pants and closed-toe shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 7 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 7 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Do I need any experience?
No, this private lesson will be tailored to your skill level.
Are there any age restrictions?
Yes, participants must be at least 10 years old. Anyone 16 years or younger must be accompanied by an adult.
Is this a group lesson?
No, this experience is a 2-hour private glass blowing class for 2 participants.
What will we be making?
Typically in the introductory private class, you'll learn how to make a small pendant or a twisted, artistic ornament.
Other Philadelphia Gift Ideas:(View all 57 Philadelphia experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(25)From: $155
- Race a Ferrari - New JerseyFrom: $388
- Race a Lamborghini - New JerseyFrom: $338
- Philly Sunset Heli Tour for 2Avg Rating of: 5(5)From: $400
- Philadelphia Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $102
- Philly Prohibition Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $63
- Stock Car Ride Along - Pocono SpeedwayAvg Rating of: 5(21)From: $139
- Drive a Stock Car - Pocono SpeedwayAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $549
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $58
- All Philadelphia Experiences