Saturdays & Sundays - 3:00 PM
- Tour guides recognized in Philadelphia Magazine's "Best of Philly" and were ranked #1 out of 303 attractions in Philly on TripAdvisor.com
- Enjoy a heavenly tasting of five world-class decadent treats from five of Philly's best hidden gems
- Learn about gourmet treats ranging from artisan cheeses to gourmet chocolate or gelato
- Perfect experience for local couples and families, or out-of-town guests
Treat your taste buds to a gourmet tasting adventure in the heart of Philadelphia. Your knowledgeable and friendly guide will introduce you to a heavenly tasting of 5 world-class decadent treats at 5 of Philly's best hidden gems.
Your tour begins at the city's best gourmet market where you will learn about the market's history and layout. You will stop at 3 foodie havens inside that are not to be missed - ranging from a fair food farmstand to the market's sweet spot for chocolate tasting.
Next, you'll visit Philadelphia's most famous gourmet superstore. Here you'll get the inside scoop on how cheese is made, be introduced to 4 fantastic farmstead and imported cheeses, and receive answers to questions you may have about selecting and serving cheeses.
The grand finale to your adventure is to test your taste buds during a blind tasting of 6 amazing examples of luscious gelato and sorbetto. As you indulge, they will reveal some common myths about gelato and share some fun facts about how it's different than ice cream.
*Itinerary and schedule are subject to change.
- This tour is a tasting adventure, not a full meal
- Children must be at least 14 years old
- Gratuity is not included, but is appreciated
- You will be walking and standing throughout the tour as seating is not guaranteed
2.5 - 3 hours
You will be accompanied by other tour participants with a maximum of 12 per tour. For groups larger than 6 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience will take place in all light weather conditions. In the rare event of a severe weather cancellation, you will reschedule directly with your experience provider.
What to Wear:
Please dress appropriately for expected weather conditions and comfortable shoes for walking throughout the tour.
It is recommended to request bookings at least 2 weeks in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final and cancellations/rescheduling is not allowed.
What happens if it rains?
The tours will take place in all light weather conditions. In rare circumstances such as heavy snow, a hurricane or other extreme weather you will reschedule your tour with your experience provider.
I live in the city. Is the tour still good for me?
Absolutely! On our tours you will explore hidden places that you probably don't know about, have the opportunity to meet food experts and learn many new things about food. You'll see some of the coolest spots in the city and experience your hometown in a new way.
What if I have food allergies or dietary restrictions?
Your guides are happy to accommodate vegetarians, dietary restrictions and special needs. Please make a note when you submit your booking request of any food allergies or dietary restrictions.
Does the tour start and end at the same location?
The tour does not end at the meeting location. Your guide will be happy to provide you with directions back to your car if needed.
Other Philadelphia Gift Ideas:(View all 59 Philadelphia experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(25)From: $155
- Race a Ferrari - New JerseyFrom: $388
- Race a Lamborghini - New JerseyFrom: $338
- Philly Sunset Heli Tour for 2Avg Rating of: 5(5)From: $400
- Philadelphia Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $108
- Philly Prohibition Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $63
- Stock Car Ride Along - Pocono SpeedwayAvg Rating of: 5(21)From: $139
- Drive a Stock Car - Pocono SpeedwayAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $549
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $58
- All Philadelphia Experiences
"Matt was a great guide. Very knowledgeable and passionate about the food."
"I gave my wife this food tour of Philadelphia as a Christmas present. We booked our tour to correspond with an overnight stay in the city. The spring weather was spectacular on the day of the tour. Our group consisted of 10 people of various ages. The walking pace was fine and no one had trouble keeping up with the tour leader. My wife & I enjoyed the non-food stops at Macy's and the former First Pennsylvania Bank building for architectural sightseeing. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would recommend this tour to anyone, whether they are familiar with Philadelphia or not."
"Rochelle was our tour guide for the Decadent Gourmet Tour in Philly, and she was incredible. She knew so much about the food, artwork and history of the points we stopped at along the tour. She was very prompt with getting us our samples to taste. She was so friendly and made the tour a pleasant and very fun experience. "