Flying W Airport - Medford, NJ
Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Learn from FAA Certified Flight Instructors
- You will get to fly a Piper Warrior or a Diamond DA-20
- Great introductory experience and first lesson for anyone who's ever dreamed of learning to fly
- After a preflight inspection and explanation of flight instruments, you will put on your headset and prepare for take off!
- No experience necessary
Looking for the gift that will be cherished for a lifetime? Look no more, this Learn to Fly experience is the perfect gift for anyone in your life who has always dreamed of flying.
Discover the joy of flying with this introductory flight lesson. Soar above the Philadelphia skyline, as you take in the scenery and actually get the chance to fly the plane.
Your instructor will teach you the basics before take off, and soon you'll be flying into the wild blue yonder. Once you're at your cruising altitude, with your pilot guiding you, you will be able take the controls.
After you've landed safely back on earth, you'll take pride in knowing that you've accomplished something that few others have dared to attempt.
Spend either 30 or 60 minutes of flight time depending on which option you select. With the 60 minute flight, you'll have extra time to sight-see or practice additional maneuvers.
So prepare for an unforgettable experience, and come learn to fly!
- Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Please bring a valid form of ID with you to the airport
- The maximum weight for this experience is 250 pounds
If you selected the 30-minute flight, plan on being onsite for about 60-minutes. If you selected the 60-minute flight, plan on being onsite for about 90-minutes.
1 student per plane
Spectators are welcome to take photos and watch the plane take-off and land. All participants and spectators must follow the flight instructor's and airport's rules.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions and closed toed shoes. Sunglasses are recommended for sunny days.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and/or rescheduling is allowed up to 7 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 7 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Do I need flying experience?
No flying experience is necessary. This experience is perfect for the first-time flyer or anyone wanting to master a skill.
What if my flight is cancelled due to weather?
It is recommended to contact your pilot on the day of your experience if you have any concerns regarding weather. In the event your flight is cancelled due to weather you can reschedule directly with your pilot.
Other Philadelphia Gift Ideas:(View all 52 Philadelphia experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $155
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $375
- Stock Car Ride Along - Pocono SpeedwayAvg Rating of: 5(21)From: $139
- Drive a Stock Car - Pocono SpeedwayAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $549
- Philly Prohibition Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(19)From: $63
- Best of Philadelphia Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(18)From: $39
- Decadent Gourmet Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(27)From: $78
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $58
- Philly Sunset Heli Tour for 2Avg Rating of: 5(5)From: $400
- All Philadelphia Experiences
"I absolutely loved my experience! My flying instructor was so knowledgeable, reassuring and interesting that I was immediately at ease and looking forward to the flight. The flight itself was exciting and the whole morning was extremely enjoyable. I would definitely recommend it."
"This experience was great. It was better that I thought. The Instructor was very professional."
"I had an unforgettable experience. The Pilot and the staff at Freeflight Aviation LLC were knowledgeable, professional and exceptionally pleasant."