Northeast Philadelphia Jet Center - Philadelphia, PA
Daily - 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- FAA certified flight instructor with over 1,000 hours of flight time and an incident-free safety record
- Enjoy a hands-on flight lesson and take the controls of a Robinson R44 helicopter
- Includes 30 or 60 minutes of actual flight time plus pre-flight helicopter instruction and post-flight discussion with your instructor
- No experience necessary
Have you always dreamed of taking the controls of a helicopter and soaring toward the sky? Here is your chance to learn the basics of how to fly a helicopter with this exhilarating experience in Philadelphia!
Learn from and fly with an FAA certified flight instructor with great experience and a incident-free safety record. You'll begin by learning basic safety items and helicopter operation and controls. Next, it's time to climb aboard and fly.
During the flight you'll have the opportunity to try straight and level flight, control the vertical climb/drop of the helicopter, and will even get the chance to try hovering a few feet above the ground.
So prepare to experience the unparalleled sensation of taking the controls of an airborne helicopter!
- Participants will be required to present a valid photo ID on the day of the experience (passport or driver's license)
- Participants must weigh less than 250 pounds
- The maximum combined weight of all passengers may not exceed 500 pounds
Approximately 30 minutes of ground instruction followed by 30 or 60 minutes of flight time, depending on option selected.
1 student and up to 1 passengers depending on option selected.
Spectators are welcome to take photos at the airport and view the take-off and landing.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather you will reschedule this experience with your pilot.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7-14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Are there any weight restrictions?
Participants must weigh less than 250 pounds and the maximum combined weight of all participants may not exceed 500 pounds.
Do I need experience?
No experience is necessary. This flight is considered an introductory flight and is meant to be fun and exciting for everyone!
What do I need to bring?
Please bring a valid, government-issued ID with you on the day of your flight.
What if my flight is cancelled due to weather?
It is recommended to contact the pilot on the day of the experience if you have any concerns regarding weather. In the event your flight is cancelled due to weather you can reschedule directly with your pilot.
Can I bring a passenger?
This is for 1 student and 1 passenger depending on option selected.
Other Philadelphia Gift Ideas:(View all 52 Philadelphia experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $155
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $375
- Stock Car Ride Along - Pocono SpeedwayAvg Rating of: 5(21)From: $139
- Drive a Stock Car - Pocono SpeedwayAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $549
- Philly Prohibition Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(19)From: $63
- Best of Philadelphia Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(18)From: $39
- Decadent Gourmet Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(27)From: $78
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $58
- Philly Sunset Heli Tour for 2Avg Rating of: 5(5)From: $400
- All Philadelphia Experiences
"Unforgettable, that sums it up perfectly! "
"Experience was awesome. Instructor was great! Only complaint would be that we arrived 15 minutes early as requested and office was empty. Needed to search for someone (took up the 15 minutes). Also the instructor had no clue what type of experience we were scheduled for. So, give better info to facility and to instructors so they are better prepared. Breakdown in communication somewhere..."
"I received these flight lessons as a birthday present. Let me say this was one of the most exhilarating and educational experiences I've had in quite some time. Our flight instructor, Amanda, was absolutely amazing. During our pre-flight instruction on the whiteboard we discussed the many operations of the aircraft. Then it was off to the helicopter to look over and feel the controls first hand. Once I was familiarized, we were ready for takeoff. Operating a helicopter is not a simple task, especially hovering in place! There are very slight movements on the Cyclic and Collective which will ripple larger movements on the aircraft. Decent hand-eye coordination is a must, along with multitasking both left and right hands, and feet. Flight controls when in the sky are a bit easier. During the whole experience I never felt unsafe, as Amanda's experience came to shine in assisting for maneuvers which I had not yet mastered. I would like to thank everyone at Cross Keys for their professionalism and passion of aviation."