April - November:
Mural Mile North
Saturdays - 11:00 AM
Mural Mile South
Sundays -11:00 AM
June - August:
Wednesdays - 11:00 AM
- Philadelphia Mural Arts Program has produced over 2,800 murals
- Learn how murals are made and the valuable place they hold in their communities
- Join one of the Mural Arts Program's knowledgeable docents on a 1-hour walking tour of the famous murals in Center City Philadelphia!
Since it began, the Philadelphia Mural Arts Program has produced over 2,800 murals which have become a cherished part of the civic landscape and a great source of pride and motivation to the millions of residents and visitors who encounter them.
In fact, the Mural Arts Program's unique efforts have earned Philadelphia international praise as the "City of Murals".
As stunning as the murals are themselves, they are most importantly the visual products of a powerful and collaborative grassroots process in communities.
The mural-making process gives neighborhood residents a voice to tell their individual and collective stories, a way to pass on culture and tradition, and a vehicle to develop and empower local leaders.
This fascinating tour offers a "behind the scenes" look at how these famous murals are made. Filled with fascinating anecdotes and stories, the tours leave individuals with an understanding of the complexities of mural-making and an appreciation of Philadelphia as the world's largest outdoor art gallery.
- Tours will visit 10 - 12 murals
- Due to the growing collection of Murals in Center City Philadelphia, the tour has been divided into 2 routes; the Mural Mile North & the Mural Mile South
Up to 20 participants per tour.
This is only for those on the walking tour.
This experience is not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing and shoes appropriate for weather and walking.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance of intended date of use.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Other Philadelphia Gift Ideas:(View all 59 Philadelphia experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(25)From: $155
- Race a Ferrari - New JerseyFrom: $388
- Race a Lamborghini - New JerseyFrom: $338
- Philly Sunset Heli Tour for 2Avg Rating of: 5(5)From: $400
- Philadelphia Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $108
- Philly Prohibition Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $63
- Stock Car Ride Along - Pocono SpeedwayAvg Rating of: 5(21)From: $139
- Drive a Stock Car - Pocono SpeedwayAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $549
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $58
- All Philadelphia Experiences