NASCAR Ride Along - Dover
Dover International Speedway - Dover, DE
Select Dates Only:
- Ride in a real, full size, race-ready NASCAR style stock car - the same type of car you see NASCAR professionals racing in on Sundays
- Race with a professional instructor and hit speeds of 120 MPH on this one-mile adrenaline pumping track!
- To Actually Drive The Car Yourself, check out our Drive a Stock Car at Dover experience!
It's time to strap on your helmet and buckle up for your high-speed adventure on a real NASCAR Speedway!
Your expert instructor will take you on the ride of your life as you hit real racing speeds in a 600 horse power Sprint Cup style stock car!
Dover International Speedway
Nicknamed the "Monster Mile", Dover International Speedway is a one-mile (1.6 km) banked oval concrete track. With its shorter length, it boasts intense 24-degree turns and 9-degree straightaways. Experience the Monster in a way you'll never forget!
- Participants must be in good overall physical condition, no taller than 6'7" and weigh no more than 280 pounds
- There is no age limit to ride, however for safety reasons it is required that participants are a minimum height of 5'0" and a weigh at least 100 lbs
- Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must give written consent
- Feel free to bring snacks and drinks to enjoy while you are at the track
- Some seating is provided, however, it is recommended to bring lawn chairs to guarantee a seat for any spectators
3 or 6 lap packages; time at the track is approximately 2 - 3 hours
1 per car
We encourage friends and family to join you, and they may bring a camera to capture your experience! Limited seating is provided, so we recommend bringing lawn chairs to guarantee a seat for any spectators.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact your experience provider in advance, especially if inclement weather is predicted! If inclement weather causes cancellation of your experience, you will be given the option to reschedule for another available date or be issued a gift card that you can use at a later date; both of these options will be carried out directly with the racing school. A refund will not be issued due to rain-outs.
What to Wear:
Comfortable, casual clothing depending on the time of year. Closed toed shoes are required (tennis shoes are recommended). Sandals, flip-flops and heels are not permitted.
For this experience we recommend booking at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation all bookings are final. No refunds or exchanges are allowed once you have scheduled a date. If you need to reschedule, you have up until 30 days prior to your reservation to make changes for a $50 administrative fee. Once you are within 30 days of the event, you are then locked in to that date and time and no changes can be made.
What is the age requirement?
There is no age limit to ride, however for safety reasons a minimum height of 5'0" and a weight of 100 lbs is required. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must give written consent.
Are there any physical requirements or restrictions?
Participants must be in good physical condition, be between 5' - 6'7" tall, weigh between 100 - 280 lbs and able to climb through a 15'' x 30'' window, that sits 36'' off the ground (with minimal assistance).
Do I need a driver's license?
No, a driver's license is not required for the ride along. However, please have a valid photo ID handy for registration purposes at the track on the day of your experience.
What kind of cars will I be riding in?
Real Sprint Cup style race cars driven by the likes of Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, Kevin Harvick, and Dale Jr. and other professional NASCAR drivers.
Can I pick the car I ride in?
No, due to maintaining the track operations schedule, the car for your ride along will be assigned to you based on availability at the time of your ride along. They also match up the best car for you based on your height and weight.
How long will this experience take?
The total experience typically takes no more than 2 hours. However, the exact length of your experience depends on how many other participants are scheduled for the stock car ride along on your particular booked date and time.
What is the policy on rain?
If your experience is canceled due to inclement weather, the racing school will contact you and either immediately reschedule you for another available date, or issue you a gift card that you can use to reschedule at a later date. A refund will not be issued due to rain-outs.
Other Philadelphia Gift Ideas:(View all 52 Philadelphia experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $155
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $375
- Stock Car Ride Along - Pocono SpeedwayAvg Rating of: 5(20)From: $139
- Drive a Stock Car - Pocono SpeedwayAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $549
- Philly Prohibition Cocktail TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(19)From: $63
- Best of Philadelphia Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(18)From: $39
- Decadent Gourmet Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(27)From: $78
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $58
- Philly Sunset Heli Tour for 2Avg Rating of: 5(5)From: $400
- All Philadelphia Experiences
"My experience with the NASCAR Ride Along started off with a little hitch, in that when we arrived at the main gate of Dover International Speedway, it was closed and we couldn't figure out how to get into the facility. After driving around the outside of the speedway, we found a sign to enter for this event. So it would have been helpful to have been given a little more specific information. Nevertheless, once we found the entrance everything went smoothly, with signs to guide us to the waiting area and a van to drive us to the other side of the track. The staff at the registration and staging areas was fantastic! Knowledgeable, super friendly and very helpful and courteous. They even brought the riders a cup of cold water, since it was a very hot day. My driver was silent when I entered the car and through the ride, and it would have been nice if he had waved hello or something, but I "get it." He did at least respond when I thanked him for the drive at the end. The actual ride, 3 laps around the Monster Mile with a professional driver, was absolutely awesome! We took off out of the pits like a bat out of hell, got up to speed on the apron and then took a high line right up on the wall as we passed the amateur drivers figuring out the track down low. You could feel the G's from both the acceleration and lateral pull up the banked track as we whizzed by the sponsorship signs and grandstands. Wish it was longer, but when you're moving that fast ... Overall, it was a great rush and a really great time. My son, only ten now, loved it all as well. I'd definitely recommend going for the ride along to anyone considering driving. These cars are really different from driving anything else (gauges, switches, roll cage), the track (at speed) is a totally new experience for the uninitiated, and you'll be in a fire suit with a heavy helmet strapped into a serious 5-point harness. Take the opportunity to get used it first, and the drive will be a lot more enjoyable."