Mid-May through September:
Tuesday through Saturday -6:00 AM to 10:00 AM
October through Mid-May:
Tuesday through Saturday -8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Enjoy the most intense flying experience around Phoenix: an air combat mission with you as the fighter pilot. You will learn how to outwit, out fly, and out gun your opponent as you whip your way through the combat field, the sky!
- Fly a German-built, FAA certified Extra 300L Aerobatic Aircraft
- Complete 5 G-pulling air combat engagements in a Show-and-Do profile utilizing offensive and defensive tactics against your opponent
- Cameras on the plane will record every engagement
- Enjoy an on-ground briefing before opening the hood and sliding into the cockpit
After a classroom session on modern air combat maneuvering and safety, you and your fighter pilot instructor will get strapped into the Extra 300L for the flight of your life.
As you speed down the runaway and launch into the clear blue sky your heart starts racing with anticipation. Before you know it, it's "Check Six!" and you are pulling 5-G air combat maneuvers in an action packed combat mission against an enemy aircraft.
The flight is culminated with a thrilling three-dimensional smoke chase, each aircraft alternating "lead and follow" positions across the sky.
An exciting high-speed, low-altitude pass down the runway marks your arrival and "wow's" family and friends watching from our observation deck.
Choose between 2 air combat mission profiles:
Intro to Air Combat Mission: You will learn the basics of modern air combat maneuvering with both offensive and defensive engagements. Includes up to 30 minutes of flight time.
Top Gun Air Combat Mission: You will experience all that's included in the Intro to Air Combat profile plus 3 scored competition engagements as well as unlimited aerobatics. Enjoy up to 1 hour of flight time.
Live the dream of learning to be a fighter pilot without committing to years of military service!
- No flying experience required
- A pilot will accompany you in the plane, but you will fly up to 75% of the time
- Participants must be at least 15 years old, no taller than 6'6", and weigh no more than 250 lbs (based on parachute limits)
2.5 - 3.5 hours with either 30 or 60 minutes of flight time.
Up to 12 per day
Allowed. Children under 12 will not be allowed in briefing area during briefings.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable and casual clothing. Flight suit and helmet provided.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 21 days in advance.
All bookings for this Experience are final, no exchanges are allowed. If a cancellation is made 72 hours or more prior to your booked date, you will be able to reschedule. If a cancellation is made less than 72 hours prior to your booked date, you will lose the value of your experience.
What is included in the 60 minute experience that's not included in the 30 minute?
The 30 Minute Lesson is designed to teach you the basics of modern air combat maneuvering, both offensive and defensive, and engage in actual air-to-air combat.
The 60 Minute Lesson is more advanced. This experience includes everything in the 30 Minute Intro program plus 3 scored competition engagements for the prestigious "Top Gun", "Aero God" and "G-Monger awards, as well as unlimited aerobatics.
Other Phoenix Gift Ideas:(View all 36 Phoenix experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(16)From: $140
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 3-half(7)From: $100
- Drive a NASCARAvg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $355
- Old Town Scottsdale Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(31)From: $64
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Air Combat MissionAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $989
- African Safari Zipline AdventureFrom: $107
- Race a FerrariFrom: $399
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $399
- All Phoenix Experiences
"All staff were professional and friendly. My pilot (Bonsai) was fantastic --- professional, encouraging and fun. I would highly recommend this experience to anyone looking for some adventure! "
"Your whole organization is outstanding. I expected the pre-flight to last only about 20 minutes or so, but it was so complete it left very few questions for me to ask. It was a time period where my confidence certainly was built up and I really looked forward to the flight itself. It probably was one of the best, most outstanding experiences of my life and I'm anxious to do it again. As to when, I really don't know but I hope it's soon ... I do endorse the flying adventure and would recommend it to anyone."