Grand Canyon Adventure Tour
Deer Valley Airport - Phoenix, AZ
Fridays and Sundays - 8:00 AM
*Additional days are available for large groups.
- In operation for over 20 years, FAA Certified Pilots with thousands of combined flight hours
- Scenic plane tour of the Grand Canyon's West Rim
- Experience the famous Skywalk, an architectural marvel that extends 65 feet over the edge of the Canyon
- 4,000 foot helicopter descent into the depths of the Grand Canyon before hoping aboard your pontoon boat to float down the Colorado!
The tour of the Grand Canyon West Rim begin with a scenic, narrated, 75 minute flight to the Canyon West Airport, located at the west end of the Grand Canyon and just a few minutes from the world famous Skywalk. Your tour will include several attractions unique to this part of the Canyon.
The most popular of all is the world famous Skywalk. This architectural marvel extends 65 feet over the edge of the Canyon, with its 4,000 foot depth right beneath your feet. As you venture out on to this amazing structure and look straight down through the glass floor, you can't help but feel like you are a part of the Grand Canyon.
Just outside the Skywalk you will experience the Hualapai Indian Culture through Native American Performances and an Indian Village, ancient dwellings constructed in the traditional methods by local tribes.
This area of the Canyon, known as Eagle Point, due to the formation in the Canyon walls that resembles an Eagle spreading her wings, offers spectacular views of Grand Canyon.
The next stop on the tour will be Guano Point. This location offers one of the most scenic places to enjoy lunch (provided with the tour) at an outdoor eating area on a plateau surrounded on three sides by the magnificent Grand Canyon. After your lunch, enjoy a leisurely hike along a trail that extends out into the Canyon and spectacular views.
The highlight of most visitors' trip to the West Rim is the Helicopter ride to the bottom of the Grand Canyon. After a 10 minute flight to the bottom, you will disembark the helicopter and board a pontoon boat for a boat ride along the Colorado River.
You will be able to experience the Grand Canyon as you look straight up the Canyon walls, giving you a unique perspective of the beauty of this magnificent wonder. After the pontoon boat ride, you will board the helicopter for the 10 minute flight back to the top of the Grand Canyon.
This is the Grand Canyon experience of a lifetime!
- Tour must have a minimum of 3 passengers to operate. You may book as an individual however, the tour cannot be guaranteed until at least 3 people total are booked. If there are only 2 passengers booked, 24 hours prior to the tour, then the passengers can choose to reschedule or cancel with no penalty, or pay a $50 per person surcharge to have a private tour. If at anytime a 3rd person books into the tour, the $50 per person surcharge will no longer apply. If a surcharge applies, it can be paid directly to the experience provider on the day of the tour.
- Participants that exceed 285 pounds will be charged an additional $72 on the day of the experience
- Children over 2 years of age must have their own seat
- Price includes fuel surcharge fees
6-9 per plane varies with type of aircraft
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. We recommend dressing in layers as temperatures around the canyon can vary dramatically.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and reschedulings are allowed up to 48 hours prior to your booked date for no fee. If you cancel or reschedule within 24-48 hours prior to your flight a 50% fee will apply. Rescheduling is allowed up to 1 year from your originally booked date. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel/reschedule within the given parameters will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Other Phoenix Gift Ideas:(View all 31 Phoenix experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(16)From: $140
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 3-half(7)From: $100
- Drive a NASCARAvg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $355
- Old Town Scottsdale Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(31)From: $64
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Air Combat MissionAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $989
- African Safari Zipline AdventureFrom: $107
- Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $179
- Private Hot Air Balloon Ride for 2From: $699
- All Phoenix Experiences