Falcon Field Airport - Mesa, AZ
Wednesday through Friday - 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Saturdays - 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- FAA certified flight instructor will provide one-on-one coaching throughout your flight experience
- Learn to fly a Cessna 172 - the prevailing training aircraft worldwide
- Sit in the pilot's seat of a Cessna 172 and handle the controls while in flight over the breathtaking Arizona landscape below
- No experience necessary
Have you ever been curious about what it's like to fly a plane? This Learn to Fly experience is the perfect gift!
Your hands-on flight lesson will begin with 30 minutes of ground instruction where you will learn the basics. Your instructor will guide you through the preflight safety inspection and prepare the aircraft for takeoff.
In the air, you will have a chance to take the controls and fly the plane with your FAA certified flight instructor by your side to guide you. Perform introductory flight maneuvers as you take in the beauty of the Arizona landscape and the Salt River below.
Enjoy this memorable experience high in the sky and learn how to fly!
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Students under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Total maximum weight of all participants is 400 lbs
- Gratuity is not included and it is customary
Approximately 1 hour with 30 minutes of ground school and 30 minutes of flight time.
1 student and up to 1 passenger depending upon option selected; however, the total weight of both the student and the passenger must be no more than 400 lbs.
Depending upon option selected, students may bring along 1 passenger aboard the plane for the flight (weight permitting), otherwise additional spectators may come to the airport to watch or take pictures of take-off or landing.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions, closed-toe shoes, and sunglasses are recommended. Don't forget your camera!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Is there an age limit?
Students must be at least 16 years of age. Students under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Is there a weight limit?
The total maximum weight of all participants is 400 lbs.
What about gratutity?
Gratuity is not included and it is customary. Suggested gratuity is $20 per student.
Will I get motion sickness?
Eat a light breakfast or lunch beforehand. Depending on the time of day, the air can be a little bumpy and you might develop motion sickness.
Other Phoenix Gift Ideas:(View all 33 Phoenix experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(11)From: $140
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 3-half(7)From: $130
- Drive a NASCARAvg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $499
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Old Town Scottsdale Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(23)From: $59
- Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $179
- Private Hot Air Balloon Ride for 2From: $699
- Indy Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 2-half(2)From: $130
- Drive an Indy CarFrom: $499
- All Phoenix Experiences
"Would have liked a little more time at the controls of air plane. "
"Awesome! Flat out awesome! "
"Exceeded all of our expectations. Great experience from start to finish. Smiles from ear to ear. Thank you."