Old Town Scottsdale, AZ
September - May:
Tuesday through Sunday - 11:00 AM
June - August:
Thursdays & Saturdays - 11:00 AM
- Tour provider was awarded the Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor 2011-2015 and rated the Best Food Tour in Arizona by flipkey.com
- Friendly, experienced tour guide will lead you through Old Town Scottsdale where you will learn about the wild west and how Scottsdale has become the city that it is today
- Enjoy food and drink samples from 4 to 5 establishments that may include an old saloon, a stylish local favorite, a winery, a boutique shop offering fresh olive oils and vinegars, a sweets and treats shop and much more
This Old Town Scottsdale Food Tour will take you back in time to the wild west where you will learn about the area's history, how Scottsdale has evolved over the years, and how it became the tourist destination that it is today.
Strolling down some of the same streets that were walked on by cowboys of the early 1900s frontier, you will learn about Old Town Scottsdale past to present. Your guide will share with you many historical tidbits and you will discover how the city has grown over the years.
Enjoy discovering the diversity of the old western town; from the saloons that have been serving cowboys for years to mom and pop boutiques, there is something on this tour for everyone.
Stops on this tour may include (and are subject to change):
- The Rusty Spur - the oldest saloon in Old Town Scottsdale
- AZ 88 - a stylish and sophisticated Old Town favorite featuring a classic American menu, great cocktails and beautiful artwork
- Outrageous Olive Oils and Vinegars - a distinctive shop offering over 35 unique flavored oils and vinegars bottled daily
- Cowboy Ciao - one of the area's most unique restaurants where you will try a signature dish
- The Mission - a sophisticated yet casual restaurant offering modern latin cuisine
- Grimaldi's - an award winning coal-fired pizzeria
- 5th and Wine - a contemporary wine bar
- Malee's on Main - an award winning Thai restaurant
- Super Chunk Sweets and Treats - small batch, handcrafted sweets and treats with a modernized twist
- All tastings are included in the price of this tour
- Participants can expect to walk approximately 1.5 miles at a leisurely pace throughout the tour
Approximately 3 hours
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 16 per tour. For groups larger than 4 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
The tour will take place in rain, shine or snow. Be sure to dress appropriately for the weather conditions and always contact your experience provider with any questions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for walking and weather conditions. You are also encouraged to bring a camera as there will be many great photo ops.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and have received a booking confirmation, no cancellations, exchanges or refunds will be allowed. Rescheduling is allowed up to 7 days prior to your scheduled date and is subject to availability.
How much food is served?
The tour will be stopping at about 4 to 5 places and sampling a variety of different foods. For most people there will be enough food that lunch afterwards is not necessary.
How much do we walk? Is it a fast pace?
The tour is approximately 3 hours of walking with numerous stops. The tour moves at a leisurely pace.
Does the tour end at the same place it starts?
No. The tour ends about three blocks away from the original starting point. However, a map will be provided and tour guides will be more than happy to help with directions.
Are there beverages offered on the tour?
Each guest will be supplied with a cold bottle of water at the beginning of the tour and a wine tasting along the way. Many places offer water along the way and additional drinks can be purchased during the tour.
What if I have dietary restrictions or allergies?
At this time the provider can accommodate food substitutions for vegetarians on the tour and can accommodate substitutions for most dietary restrictions. Please let us know if you require special accommodations at the time of booking.
Is the tour appropriate for children?
Children are more than welcome, but please keep in mind that some children have a limited attention span and therefore a 3 hour walking tour may not be appropriate. Parents know their children best and should assess the situation individually. Since there is a lot of standing and walking, please consider this when deciding whether the tour is appropriate for your child.
Do I tip the tour guide?
The ticket price does not include gratuity. If you have a great time, gratuities are accepted by the tour guide.
What if it rains?
The tour is held rain or shine. If there is inclement weather, the tour will be able to go into many of the places along the way. Please research in advance what type of weather is expected and come prepared to the best of your ability.
Other Phoenix Gift Ideas:(View all 31 Phoenix experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(16)From: $140
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 3-half(7)From: $100
- Drive a NASCARAvg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $355
- Old Town Scottsdale Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(31)From: $64
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Air Combat MissionAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $989
- African Safari Zipline AdventureFrom: $107
- Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $179
- Private Hot Air Balloon Ride for 2From: $699
- All Phoenix Experiences
"Enjoyed Old Town Scottsdale Food Tour very much! Will do it again."
"We did enjoy the experience, even though there were only 3 of us on the tour. It was awkward at times for my husband and I to entertain the other guest on the tour since he wasn't very talkative. The venues we visited are places we would visit again. It was a great way to discover new places to eat. Our booking information said we'd visit 6 venues, but we only did 5. That was a bit disappointing since the 5th stop was a cookie shop."
"We had an excellent tour guide. He was entertaining, knowledgeable and full of information about our stops and Scottsdale in general. Food choices were over the top. Highly recommend this tour."