NASCAR Ride Along - Phoenix
Phoenix International Raceway - Avondale, AZ
Select Dates Only:
* 2017 schedule to be announced
Experience the the thrill of NASCAR racing as you ride shotgun with a professional driver in a 500 horsepower racecar with the NASCAR Ride Along experience at the Phoenix International Raceway!
- Ride in full-size Sprint Cup stock cars that have been raced by NASCAR legends such as Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, and Dale Jr.
- Race with a profession driver and reach top speeds up to 120 MPH!
- Experience 3 or 6 laps of excitement
- To actually drive the car yourself, check out our Drive a Stock Car in Phoenix experience!
The NASCAR Ride Along will give you the thrill of your life, as you speed around the Phoenix International Raceway in a real NASCAR racecar!
You expert driving instructor will ship you around the track at top speeds up to 120 MPH in a 500 horsepower Sprint Cup style stick car. Hold on to your helmet- you're in for a fast ride!
Bring your family and friends, and get closer to the racing action than ever before!
About the Phoenix International Raceway
Home to two NASCAR race weekends a year, the Phoenix International Raceway is one of the nation's premier raceways! This asphalt track is a 1-mile, low banked oval, and it was voted No. 2 Favorite Track by NASCAR drivers in a 2007 Sports Illustrated survey! Get ready to experience this track for yourself from the best seat in the house!
- Participants must be in good overall physical condition, no taller than 6'7" and weigh no more than 280 pounds
- There is no age limit to ride, however for safety reasons it is required that participants are a minimum height of 5'0" and a weigh at least 100 lbs
- Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must give written consent
- Feel free to bring snacks and drinks to enjoy while you are at the track
- Some seating is provided, however, it is recommended to bring lawn chairs to guarantee a seat for any spectators
3 or 6 lap packages; time at the track is approximately 2 - 3 hours.
1 per car
We encourage friends and family to join you, and they may bring a camera to capture your experience! Limited seating is provided, so we recommend bringing lawn chairs to guarantee a seat for any spectators.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact your experience provider in advance, especially if inclement weather is predicted! If inclement weather causes cancellation of your experience, you will be given the option to reschedule for another available date or be issued a gift card that you can use at a later date; both of these options will be carried out directly with the racing school. A refund will not be issued due to rain-outs.
What to Wear:
Comfortable, casual clothing depending on the time of year. Closed toed shoes are required (tennis shoes are recommended). Sandals, flip-flops and heels are not permitted.
For this experience, we recommend booking at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation all bookings are final. No refunds or exchanges are allowed once you have scheduled a date. If you need to reschedule, you have up until 30 days prior to your reservation to make changes for a $50 administrative fee. Once you are within 30 days of the event, you are then locked in to that date and time and no changes can be made.
What is the age requirement?
There is no age limit to ride, however for safety reasons a minimum height of 5'0" and a weight of 100 pounds is required. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must give written consent.
Are there any physical requirements or restrictions?
Participants must be in good physical condition, be between 5' - 6'7" tall, weigh between 100 - 280 lbs and able to climb through a 15'' x 30'' window, that sits 36'' off the ground (with minimal assistance).
Do I need a driver's license?
No, a driver's license is not required for the ride along. However, please have a valid photo ID handy for registration purposes at the track on the day of your experience.
What kind of cars will I be riding in?
Real Sprint Cup style race cars driven by the likes of Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, Kevin Harvick, and Dale Jr. and other professional NASCAR drivers.
Can I pick the car I ride in?
No, due to maintaining the track operations schedule, the car for your ride along will be assigned to you based on availability at the time of your ride along. They also match up the best car for you based on your height and weight.
How long will this experience take?
The total experience typically takes no more than 2 hours. However, the exact length of your experience depends on how many other participants are scheduled for the stock car ride along on your particular booked date and time.
What is the policy on rain?
If your experience is canceled due to inclement weather, the racing school will contact you and either immediately reschedule you for another available date, or issue you a gift card that you can use to reschedule at a later date. A refund will not be issued due to rain-outs.
Other Phoenix Gift Ideas:(View all 34 Phoenix experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(11)From: $140
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 3-half(7)From: $130
- Drive a NASCARAvg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $499
- African Safari Zipline AdventureFrom: $107
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Old Town Scottsdale Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $64
- Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $179
- Private Hot Air Balloon Ride for 2From: $699
- Indy Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 2-half(2)From: $130
- All Phoenix Experiences
"It was an excellent ride. The TV doesn't really show the experience. Going that fast around those curves was great. I really enjoyed it. I have recommended it to several people already."
"The overall experience was excellent. However, in a three-lap experience, you really only get one lap at top speed. The first lap you build up to top speed, and the last lap they start slowing down on the back stretch. I think the minimum experience should be four laps."
"The experience was not very good because we had to follow first time drivers, very slow. My driver even commented that he did not like racing "slow" cars. Might help to split us the sessions, riders vs. drivers??? "