The Phoenician - Scottsdale, AZ
October - April:
Tuesday through Friday - 4:15 PM & 6:15 PM
Saturdays & Sundays -
10:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 2:15 PM & 4:15 PM
- Owned and operated by professional trapeze and circus performers who have taught thousands of students
- Learn basic techniques on the ground followed by in air instruction
- Experience the freedom of swinging through the air and being caught by a catcher
- Don't worry - extreme upper-body strength is not required, this experience is great for all athletic abilities!
Whether you're looking for a fun and different activity, or want to pick up a new hobby, this flying trapeze experience is sure to leave you feeling exhilarated. The sensation you'll have while flying through the air is unlike anything you've ever experienced!
This flying trapeze experience will help you accomplish things you never knew you were capable of. First, your instructors will review the basics with you on the ground and then give you a demonstration on the flying trapeze.
After you've learned the timing and technique to get your legs on the bar and your hands off, you'll be sent up, up and away, to fly across to a catcher for the ultimate thrill in flying trapeze!
Open Group Option: You'll be placed in a group with up to 10 other participants.
Private Session Option: It will just be your instructor and your group.
- No experience necessary and children as young as 4 years old may participate
- All participants must sign a waiver and children under 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian
- Please note those that cannot fly: pregnant women, anyone with a heart condition, anyone with recent surgery, and/or anyone with any physical condition that would be adversely affected by physical exertion
Open group lessons last approximately 1.5 hours, the private session for up to 3 lasts approximately 1 hour, and the private session for up to 10 lasts approximately 1.5 hours.
For groups beyond 10 participants, please contact Cloud 9 Living for pricing.
Friends and family are welcome to watch the lesson.
This experience is outside and weather dependent, so please be sure to contact your experience provider with any questions regarding weather concerns.
What to Wear:
All participants will wear a safety belt, so you must wear something that covers your stomach to avoid any rubbing or irritation. Fitted or tight clothing that allows you to move freely is usually best, (tights, yoga pants, or capris) but is not mandatory. A pair of socks or light fitted slippers to wear while you're flying will make walking in the net easier and more comfortable. You can not wear sneakers while flying but you may wear sandals or sneakers between turns.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given, however, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Are there age restrictions?
There is no age restriction. Adults up to any age are welcome. Generally, kids starting at age 4 tend to be aware and agile enough to participate and many of them do. A parent or legal guardian must be present if their child is under the age of 12, and a waiver for each student under the age of 18 must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Are there any requirements?
No, there aren't any requirements. If you are willing to try, your instructors are willing to show you and make your experience safe and memorable. No one is too heavy, too little, too weak, too uncoordinated or too old. It's even okay to be scared, as your instructors will walk you through everything step by step with understanding and help you succeed and enjoy this exhilarating experience.
What should I wear?
All participants wear a safety belt, so you must wear something that covers your stomach to avoid any rubbing or irritation. Fitted or tight clothing that allows you to move freely is usually best, (tights, yoga pants, or capris) but is not mandatory. A pair of socks or light fitted slippers to wear while you're flying will make walking in the net easier and more comfortable. You can not wear sneakers while flying but you may wear sandals or sneakers between turns. Also, anyone with long hair should pull it back so it's not blowing in your face. Plastic hair clips are prohibited.
Is it safe?
Flying Trapeze is very safe in a controlled environment like the one provided for participants. Our experience provider takes safety very seriously. Their methods of teaching revolve around it and their standards are high. All of the instructors must pass a safety standards checklist before working the rig and they are required to maintain these high standards to maintain their employment.
Other Phoenix Gift Ideas:(View all 34 Phoenix experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(11)From: $140
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 3-half(7)From: $130
- Drive a NASCARAvg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $499
- African Safari Zipline AdventureFrom: $107
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Old Town Scottsdale Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $64
- Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $179
- Private Hot Air Balloon Ride for 2From: $699
- Indy Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 2-half(2)From: $130
- All Phoenix Experiences