- Fish a frequently stocked portion of the Youghiogheny River
- Float downstream as your private local guide maneuvers your boat into hidden holes and local hatches
- All levels of experience welcome
- Learn new fishing and casting techniques from your professional guide
The Youghiogheny River offers a classic big river fishing experience.
Your skilled boatmen will use oar rigs to maneuver you into those hard to cast places: that hidden hole or around that pesky branch. Their fly fishing expertise will guide you through the day, teaching you casting techniques or perfecting your existing skills and sharing their knowledge on local hatches.
Your day long trip will take you to the middle section of the Yough River. This frequently stocked area makes for a superb start to the day. The next nine miles are a breathtaking assortment of mixed riffles, pools, rolling flats and pocket water galore. In summer, when most area streams are too low and warm to be fished, the Yough is still prime with good insect activity and rising lunker trout.
With its classic big river characteristic, jaw-dropping scenery, to the clock hatches, and pole bending trout, this trip truly is a fisherman's dream come true.
The outfitter DOES NOT provide fishing licenses or tackle. Price includes rafting equipment and lunch.
The on-site ORVIS shop has extensive fly fishing gear and supplies, from rods and reels, to flies and tippet for purchase.
This trip is primarily a float trip, however based on your needs and wants, as well as the water levels and stream conditions it can be a wading trip.
Must be at least 10 years of age to participate.
Guide to guest ratio: 1:2
*For Fly Fishing for 2, an additional instructor fee of up to $75 may be applicable if one is necessary. This will depend on the difference in ability levels of the participants and can be payable to your provider on the day of the experience.
Up to 4
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Depending on the season, different clothing is recommended. During the winter months, dress in layers. During the summer months, wear quick drying shorts and river sandals. Regardless of season, it is not recommended to wear cotton. Bring a hat and pair of polorized sunglasses as well.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other Pittsburgh Experiences:(View all 17 Pittsburgh experiences)
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $154Avg Rating of: 5(13)
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $574Avg Rating of: 5(8)
- Lower Yough Rafting TripFrom: $90Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Upper Yough Whitewater RaftingFrom: $180
- Tandem SkydivingFrom: $269Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Discover Scuba For 2From: $70
- Guided Fly FishingFrom: $260
- Private Kayak InstructionFrom: $195
- Historic Float Trip for 6From: $220
- All Pittsburgh Experiences
- Gift Certificates