Northside Historical Food Tour
Select Fridays - 1:30 PM
- Tours are TripAdvisor's top ranking activities in Pittsburgh
- View pre-Civil War architecture, visit the largest photography museum in the country and taste your way through local eateries on the 2-hour walking tour
- Sample a German pretzel, enjoy homemade cupcakes and cookies and end the tour with a taste of a Middle Eastern dish!
With the help of an experienced guide, you'll discover a section of the city that is not only historically rich in culture but is home some of the best food Pittsburgh has to offer.
The Northside Historical Food Tour is a guided walking tour that will take you past some of the oldest landmarks in the city.
Travel from the Priory Hotel on Pressley Street to a 19th century Abbey. Marvel at Pittsburgh's pre-Civil War architecture before stepping into the largest photography museum in the country.
During the 2-hour tour, you'll also discover the best bites in town! Enjoy 3-6 tastings that may include a German pretzel, a giant cookie, delicious cupcake, a traditional German potato pancake and a Middle Eastern dish.
The Northside Historical Food Tour combines a fun, city tour with delicious food. Perfect for locals and visitors to Pittsburgh!
- All tastings are included in the price of this tour
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not included
- You will stop at 3-6 tasting locations along the route
- Each participant will receive a bottle of water at the beginning of the tour
- The total walking distance for this tour is approximately 1 mile
Up to 12 people per tour
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience will run in rain or shine. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing and shoes appropriate for the weather and walking.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no cancellations can be made and all bookings are final. Failure to appear on your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Is the tour wheelchair and/or stroller accessible?
Due to small food establishments, some stops along the tour are not conducive to strollers or wheelchairs. Please indicate at the time of booking if you have a stroller or wheelchair and accommodations will try to be arranged.
What is included in the price of this tour?
All food tastings, a bottle of water, and a friendly and knowledgeable guide leading the way are all included in the price of this tour.
How many tastings are included on this tour?
Participants can expect to sample between 3-6 tastings per tour. Most people find that they are sufficiently full at the end of the tour and do not need a meal afterward.
Can I shop during the tour?
To stay on schedule, it is recommended to wait until after the tour to make any additional purchases. If needed, your guide will provide directions to each stop following the tour.
Are any beverages served on this tour?
Each tour participant will be given a bottle of water at the start of the tour. You are welcome to bring additional water or beverages. Alcoholic or other beverages such as soda are not served on this tour.
Are children welcome on this tour?
This tour is not recommended for anyone under the age of 15 however, children are welcome to accompany an adult. If children are not participating in the tastings, a ticket is not required. Please indicate at the time of booking if a child will with you on this tour.
What if I have dietary restrictions?
Many dietary restrictions can be accommodated for with enough notice. Please indicate at the time of booking if you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies.
Other Pittsburgh Gift Ideas:(View all 29 Pittsburgh experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $275
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $49
- Stock Car Ride Along - Pocono RacewayAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $139
- Drive a Stock Car - Pocono RacewayAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $549
- Northside Historical Food Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(1)From: $84
- Little Italy Food Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 3-half(1)From: $84
- Pittsburgh Scenic Helicopter TourAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $365
- All Pittsburgh Experiences