Private Kayak Instruction
- Private one-on-one instruction ensures you learn at a comfortable pace and receive personal attention
- Learn about different types of kayaks, equipment, paddle strokes, boat maneuvering, and possibly even the Eskimo Roll
- No experience necessary
- Enjoy a scenic day on the water as you explore this fun, new sport
If you are just beginning your kayaking career, this is the place for you!
Start your day of private instruction off by meeting up with your instructor to go over any initial questions you may have. Your instructor will then provide a brief explanation of the different boats & equipment available before outfitting you with the appropriate boat. Then you're off to the water and the it's time for the fun to begin!
In a calm section of the river, you'll start learning the basics. From paddle strokes to boat maneuvering and possibly even the Eskimo Roll for the more adventurous.
Your instructor will cater the day to your desires & will not push you beyond your comfort level. Kayaking is a fun sport, but your introduction to it can make a world of difference to your paddling career!
Participants must be at least 10 years of age. Price includes a deli style lunch.
This is a private experience for 1
Spectators are welcome to watch the initial instruction and boat launch
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Shoes you can get wet and they will stay on your feet. Everyone must wear shoes, bathing suit, shorts, quick dry tank tops and t-shirts are all good options.Price includes the use of a wetsuit. Sunscreen & sunglasses are always good to have.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date, cancel, or reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other Pittsburgh Gift Ideas:(View all 24 Pittsburgh experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $195
- Stock Car Ride Along - Pocono RacewayAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $139
- Drive a Stock Car - Pocono RacewayAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $549
- Northside Historical Food Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(1)From: $84
- Little Italy Food Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 3-half(1)From: $84
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $49
- Pittsburgh Scenic Helicopter TourAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $365
- Lower Yough Rafting TripAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $74
- Upper Yough Whitewater RaftingFrom: $152
- All Pittsburgh Experiences