Private Outdoor Rock Climbing
Mid-April through October:
Daily - 9:00 AM
*Pending weather and instructor availability.
- Over 44 years of experience providing outdoor trips
- Private instruction tailored to you and your ability
- Great for those on their first or fiftieth day climbing
- Locations include Coopers Rocks or the hidden gem known as Kralick
- Includes all necessary equipment, lunch and professional instructor
Your day will begin at nine-o-clock as you arrive and wake up with one of a variety of hot or cold drinks with a pastry, bagel, or daily special from our on site coffee kiosk.
Your guide will introduce him or herself, getting a feel of your comfort and experience level. Once the meet and greet is over, it is time to gear up and head on out to one of the local climbing spots.
There are a number of areas you can climb depending on your skill level and experience. There are climbs ideal for beginners on your first climb, or more challenging climbs where experienced climbers can hone your skills. There is the venerable Coopers Rocks to our south, the hidden gem known as Kralick, or the variety of local standbys just outside of town.
You will either jump into a van, or hop onto some complimentary mountain bikes and make tracks to the rocks.
When you get to the rocks, your guide will set up a top rope over the route you will want to climb. If you are in a large group there will be more than one route set up so there will be less down time for the climbers.
Your guide will give a basic safety talk and demonstrate some basic moves to help get you started. Then they will take their post at the one end of the rope, hook themselves in and get ready to belay, taking up the slack in the rope as you make your way up the rock wall.
Halfway through the day it is time to have a little siesta, and eat a little lunch. Then it is right back to the wall.
Smiles will abound, and hopefully you will have begun a new journey into the world of rock climbing.
Participants must be at least 10 years old. Lunch and equipment is provided.
Full day experience beginning at 9am
One on one
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Comfortable, easy to move in clothes. Bring climbing shoes if you have them, otherwise tennis / running shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date, cancel or reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Do I need prior experience?
No, although if you are a more experience climber, advanced climbing instruction is offered if you want to improve your skills.
Is lunch included?
Yes, deli style!
Other Pittsburgh Gift Ideas:(View all 24 Pittsburgh experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $195
- Stock Car Ride Along - Pocono RacewayAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $139
- Drive a Stock Car - Pocono RacewayAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $549
- Northside Historical Food Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(1)From: $84
- Little Italy Food Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 3-half(1)From: $84
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $49
- Pittsburgh Scenic Helicopter TourAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $365
- Lower Yough Rafting TripAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $74
- Upper Yough Whitewater RaftingFrom: $152
- All Pittsburgh Experiences