Scuba PADI Open Water Course
Year round. Class sessions available evenings Monday - Friday. Pool sessions on Saturday.
- Professional Association of Dive Instructors (PADI) 5-Star dive center
- Course entails classroom sessions to learn the basics fundamentals of safe scuba, and water sessions under the supervision of your professional instructor
- After completing this course, you will be prepared to complete your required open water dives to receive your Open Water Certification
Are you ready to take the first step into the exciting world of scuba diving? If so, this is the perfect course for you. By the time you're done, you'll be on your way to your Open Water Certification Card.
To begin your scuba adventure, you must complete the required medical waivers and schedule a time for your first appointment. You will then be given your student kit which provides you with everything you will need for the class.
Now the real excitement begins! During the Scuba Training part of your certification process, you will go through extensive pool and classroom sessions. Here you will experience first hand all of the necessary fundamentals of scuba diving.
In the Open Water Diver course, your instructor takes you through the basics of learning how to scuba dive. You'll learn all the essential SCUBA skills with one-on-one instruction. You start in our own indoor heated pool and progress to the open water getting the background knowledge along the way.
Upon completion of your pool and classroom sessions, you will now take your knowledge to the open water for your certification dives. Let you life-long journey as a scuba diver begin!
Students must be 8 years of age or older
Professional Association of Diving Instructors 5 star dive center
Course fee includes all required rental equipment for pool sessions, including textbook and course materials. Training dives can be completed locally or we can refer you to a PADI facility in an island locale. Equipment for Training Dives can be rented or purchased but is not included in this fee.
3 classes, 3 pool sessions
Up to 6
This experience is weather dependent when the outdoor pool is in use. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear your bathing suit and bring a towel. We provide all the equipment.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other Pittsburgh Gift Ideas:(View all 24 Pittsburgh experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $195
- Stock Car Ride Along - Pocono RacewayAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $139
- Drive a Stock Car - Pocono RacewayAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $549
- Northside Historical Food Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(1)From: $84
- Little Italy Food Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 3-half(1)From: $84
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $49
- Pittsburgh Scenic Helicopter TourAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $365
- Lower Yough Rafting TripAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $74
- Upper Yough Whitewater RaftingFrom: $152
- All Pittsburgh Experiences