Fridays - 10:00 AM or 1:30 PM
- Tour guides are 2012, 2013 and 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award recipients
- Visit local eateries and learn about the history of this historic half mile strip on the 2-hour walking tour
- Enjoy Italian pasties, European meats, French bread plus Mediterranean and Polish specialties
- Perfect for Pittsburgh natives or visitors!
Discover the historic district that has transformed from factories and mills to bakeries, cafes and local restaurants on the Strip District Food Tour!
On this 2-hour walking tour, you'll be given a behind the scenes look of the thriving district.
Meander through Pittsburgh's historic market district and visit 3-6 eateries along the way for delicious tastings.
Taste your way around the world with samples that may include cuisine from Italy, Poland, France and the Mediterranean.
Learn about the local history, take in the sights and smells of the neighborhood and try cuisine from every corner of the world on the Strip District Food Tour in Pittsburgh!
- All tastings are included in the price of this tour
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not included
- You will stop at 3-6 tasting locations along the route
- Each participant will receive a bottle of water at the beginning of the tour
- The total walking distance for this tour is approximately half of a mile
Up to 12 people per tour
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience will run in rain or shine. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing and shoes appropriate for expected weather conditions and walking.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no cancellations can be made and all bookings are final. Failure to appear on your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Is the tour wheelchair and/or stroller accessible?
Due to small food establishments, some stops along the tour are not conducive to strollers or wheelchairs. Please indicate at the time of booking if you have a stroller or wheelchair and accommodations will try to be arranged.
What is included in the price of this tour?
All food tastings, a bottle of water and a friendly and knowledgeable guide leading the way are all included in the price of this tour.
How many tastings are included on this tour?
Participants can expect to sample between 3-6 tastings per tour. Most people find that they are sufficiently full at the end of the tour and do not need a meal afterward.
Can I shop during the tour?
To stay on schedule, it is recommended to wait until after the tour to make any additional purchases. If needed, your guide will provide directions to each stop following the tour.
Are any beverages served on this tour?
Each tour participant will be given a bottle of water at the start of the tour. You are welcome to bring additional water or beverages. Alcoholic or other beverages such as soda are available for purchase.
Are children welcome on this tour?
This tour is not recommended for anyone under the age of 15 however, children are welcome to accompany an adult. If children are not participating in the tastings, a ticket is not required. Please indicate at the time of booking if a child will with you on this tour.
What if I have dietary restrictions?
Many dietary restrictions can be accommodated for with enough notice. Please indicate at the time of booking if you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies.
Other Pittsburgh Gift Ideas:(View all 29 Pittsburgh experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $275
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $49
- Stock Car Ride Along - Pocono RacewayAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $139
- Drive a Stock Car - Pocono RacewayAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $549
- Northside Historical Food Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(1)From: $84
- Little Italy Food Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 3-half(1)From: $84
- Pittsburgh Scenic Helicopter TourAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $365
- All Pittsburgh Experiences
"Michelle was an excellent guide and we loved her! She was very knowledgeable about the Strip District and knew all the owners of the various shops, which made it even more fun speaking with them. We totally enjoyed our experience and highly recommend it to others! I have done food tours before in other cities and Michelle is the best!"
"Gabe was a wonderful tour guide who included history on what I thought was going to be just a tasting tour. Owners of the establishments we visited had a good rapport with him, and they were very welcoming and informative. It was nice to be able to sit down and spend a little time at some of the places."