Grove City Airport, Grove City, PA
April - November:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - 10:00 AM to Dark
Saturday & Sunday - 8:00 AM to Dark
- All instructors are certified by the United States Parachute Association
- Super Pilatus Porter aircraft capable of carrying 10 jumpers to 13,500 feet in under 15 minutes
- 60 seconds of freefall at 120 mph!
- Stunning views of the Pennsylvania countryside as you glide effortlessly before returning safely to Earth
As your Super Pilatus Porter aircraft reaches your jumping altitude, your instructor tells you its time. Your heart starts pounding from the adrenaline and excitement as you inch closer to the open aircraft door.
You peer over the edge and then, in a split second, you are on the most exciting thrill ride of your life with an expert instructor at your side.
As you fly through clouds at over 120 mph, for a full minute, you feel a complete and total sense of freedom not found anywhere else in the world.
Once the canopy opens, and you parachute deploys, you can take in views of the beautiful Pennsylvania landscape!
All tandem jumpmasters have earned USPA's highest rating.
Experience the ultimate thrill! This is one experience you will never forget!
Drop zone is a member of the United States Parachute Association.
Participants must be at least 18 years of age and weigh no more than 230 pounds.
Plan on being at the drop zone for 3-4 hours.
1 per jump.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions and sneakers.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 2 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider
What does freefall feel like?
Freefall feels like flying or floating, not like falling. Some people say it's like zero gravity, but windy. Freefall will not cause someone to "lose" their stomach like a roller coaster and it rarely bothers those with a fear of heights.
How long is the class?
You will only need a short briefing, about one and a half hours, but plan on spending at least half the day.
Will I be scared?
Maybe or maybe not. It's human nature to be frightened of the unknown. You will definitely feel a surge of excitement and anticipation before the jump. During the jump itself, you'll probably feel a thrill that you've never experienced before- you'll love it!
Is there a weight and age limit?
Yes. The minimum age for skydiving is 18 regardless of parental consent. The weight limit is 230 pounds and within certain height to weight ratio's. Participants should also be in good physical and mental condition.
Can I get pictures of my skydive?
Yes, you can purchase for $99 a professionally edited video and DVD stills of your skydive.
Other Pittsburgh Gift Ideas:(View all 24 Pittsburgh experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $195
- Stock Car Ride Along - Pocono RacewayAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $139
- Drive a Stock Car - Pocono RacewayAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $549
- Northside Historical Food Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(1)From: $84
- Little Italy Food Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 3-half(1)From: $84
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $49
- Pittsburgh Scenic Helicopter TourAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $365
- Lower Yough Rafting TripAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $74
- Upper Yough Whitewater RaftingFrom: $152
- All Pittsburgh Experiences