Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- FAA certified helicopter pilot with over 40 years experience
- You will hover in the Robinson R-22, the most popular instruction helicopter in the world
- Sit in the passenger seat, get a close up view of the controls and just get a feel for how the helicopter operates and looks inside
- Great experience for kids or anyone who wants to feel what it's like to hover just above ground in a helicopter
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to sit in a helicopter and hover above ground? This helicopter hover flight is the perfect introductory experience for you.
Hovering is when the helicopter is flown so that it maintains a constant position over the ground. This is the main capability which differentiates helicopters from airplanes.
This 10-minute hover flight is a great introduction to the helicopter flight experience. As you climb into the helicopter and buckle up, you're ready to go. You're thrilled as the pilot lifts off the ground. You feel the amazing and truly unique sensation of hovering gracefully and motionless above the ground.
This helicopter hover flight is perfect for kids and anyone who simply wants to experience what it's like to sit in a helicopter and hover.
The participant must be no taller than 6'6" and weigh no more than 220 lbs.
1 per helicopter
Spectators are welcome to come and watch or take pictures and view the takeoff.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions; flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Other Portland Gift Ideas:(View all 22 Portland experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $225Avg Rating of: 5(7)
- Pearl District and Downtown Food TourFrom: $80Avg Rating of: 3-half(1)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $215Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Mississippi Avenue Food TourFrom: $76
- Alphabet District Food TourFrom: $76
- Whitewater Rafting - White Salmon RiverFrom: $70Avg Rating of: 5(7)
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Willamette Valley Wine Trail TourFrom: $140
- All Portland Experiences